Thursday, June 30, 2016

Speak. Out.


 "Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes"   - Maggie Khun




There are times in life that silence does not get you the answer you would like it to. Silence is a cold storm of memory and thoughts that can chill you to the bone, and sometimes you’re lucky enough that people feel the cold and know there's something very wrong.

Sometimes, however, silence and chill just are not enough.

Sometimes you need fire.


Burning hot and hungry, with silence as its litred fuel. Sometimes you need to speak out and not be silent, but instead silence the world.

Please don't get it twisted.... I'm not much of a talkative, but I DO know how to talk. I had to learn that skill by force. When I was younger (heck, even now) I wanted a lot of things, but because I never asked for, or talked about them, people felt I was all good and content .... A flower bathing in the sun.

But I was pained. Really pained. There were things I liked! People I liked! Places I liked! But the words never escaped the containment of my lips... they never dared to touch the open air. Truth is - back then I was very fearful of repercussions and could never really find the "right situation" to say what i felt i needed to. I've realized of course that sometimes in life there is no "right situation" or "right time". Sometimes in life you have to seize the moment and make it your own. Because I've realized that sometimes, opportunity doesn't knock because you haven’t yet built a door for it. Don't be afraid of what may or WILL go wrong. Silence itself is a repercussion. Say what you need to before the chance is no longer a chance anymore.



Ask for the world! Ask for his heart!  Ask for the phone you want! Ask for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition you need! Tell him why you're angry! Tell them what you think will work better! Don't hold in the words that struggle incessantly to see the light of day - say them! ….But really, don't vomit them out either - moderate yourself. You should not have variant "mouth diarrhoea".

There are times to speak and there are times to keep silent. There are words to use and words to abhor. If you tell yourself that you cannot keep silent if "so so and so" occurs, you are just wasting mental energy and lying to your spirit. But you should understand that if you do not speak out now - you may regret it forever, and yet if you speak out wrongly, you may also yet regret it forever.

Words are that powerful - you speak out and they fade into the air, but they remain cemented in reality.

If you must say something, then say it ... but make sure you say it well. Silence may calm the world but a spoken word can change it.


Let's Be Legendary
Love, Stars and The Spoken Word

---------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. I, Difference
2. Victim

3. The Good Fight

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so real... I will have to reblog it, if you allow. It speaks to me on so many levels! It is so relatable!

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

I'm glad it touched you crystal. Feel free to reblog ☺. Do try put a link directing back here though 😅

👏