Sunday, March 31, 2019

A Piece Written for You


[3 min read]


I was seated in a car one hot afternoon when I became conscious of something warm and moist against my arm. Without looking down to confirm, I knew what it was, so I instead looked at the person, and from one look, I understood her. She is a woman, a mother and a sacrificial one at that. Her hands were filled with callouses from working too hard to make a living. There was no way she was as old as she looked; her face was etched with lines. Too many lines. I could have adjusted or moved my arm, I could have, I don't like the feeling of another person's sweat on me, still, I didn't move my arm. I just sat there and imagined her life and it humbled me.



See, you don't know what people are passing through. Most don't wear it. Some wear a bright smile and look great. Some are always angry and it shows in their communication with others. Some transfer aggression, or deliberately provoke you. The same way you package yourself and no one knows what you're passing through is the same way you don't know what another person is passing through. Take a moment to think, before becoming savage on social media. Take a moment to breathe, before responding to a situation. Even when you're slighted, before you respond, think whether it will be important 5 days from that moment. It's very easy to want to react haughtily, qbecause someone did or said something hurtful to you. But before you react, PAUSE!


Your response could be the undoing of anyone. Is someone being intentionally mean? Be intentionally kind. How you respond to situations tell the kind of person you are. Don't push someone over the edge with your words. Build people up with the things you say. Words go a long long way. You'll find adults telling you about the mean things that were said to them when they were young and these words still affect them. And you'll find people that have had their lives turned around positively through words.

You have the choice of saying whatever you want, but you do not have the choice to determine the consequences of your words.

Today is the last day of March, how is your new year's resolution coming along? Is it going great? Was it going great? Have you started at all? How about the goals you wrote down for March? Did you smash them all? Did you smash any at all? April starts tomorrow, determine to do good with your words.

Peace, Kind Words and Love!!!

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

No comments: