Monday, July 17, 2017

15 things every teenager needs to hear



I remember when I was much younger, as a teenager; with raging hormones, pimples (soooo many), and the feeling of invincibility coursing through my veins. I was the superstar of my own story, but I was still very confused as to what that story actually was. I’ve discovered, like many of us out there, that there are a lot of things that could have helped me navigate my story and discovery much easier – if only I had heard them.

Well, to all the teenagers out there, we’re here to make sure you DON’T miss out on that gift. These are the things every teenager needs to hear – the truths in many dimensions.


1. Surprisingly, hard work is not everything.
Surprising, right?
But hard work IS important – because laziness will get you nowhere. But sometimes you also need to work smarter. On that note, tradition is also not everything. Learn new things and don’t assume things about others when you’ve never met them, or if you met them first on a bad day.



2. You will make mistakes.
Shaa make small ones
A lot. With friends, with actions, with life choices at times. Not everybody makes the same mistakes, and don’t even try to make them all. Learn from the mistakes of others, and listen to those older than you – the good ones o, not the bad ones. No matter what, always pick yourself up, because you can recover from anything, no matter what it is, even if it seems like your world wants to end. It’s okay to be wrong – as long as you accept your mistakes and learn from it, and makeup for what you can.


3. Not everyone will like you, and that’s okay.
"I don't need your likes"
You CAN’T make everybody like, try as you might – and that’s okay. Know anyway that you are valued. People will still love you. You are worth it. Don’t get mad over stupid things – sometimes we all understand things a little differently. Drama is pointless. Avoid it. You are enough. Surround yourself with people that look like your future.



4. Popularity is overrated.
You will bow down to me in the future anyways.
You will eventually discover that, most times, what other people think doesn’t matter much at all. Don’t let anyone pressure you into being what you’re not. You don’t need 500 people affirming what you do. And remember this – SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT EVERYTHING!! You can’t be judged on how amazing you are by the number of likes, followers or even comments. The media is a scam. You WILL learn this.



5. Relationships as a teenager are NOT for everyone.
It's not by force to fall in love oo.
At this age, we all tend to be caught up in the glamour of emotions and physical discoveries – the truth is, most of the time it doesn’t last. You will eventually discover, that you do not need validation by another person’s love to know that you are special. People do care about you. Do not force yourself into anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Live happily. Do not choose what’s convenient. Choose what matters (especially for the long-run)



6. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Don't be too proud to ask for your wings
Learn everything good you can, from everyone you can. You’ll be asked for help by those younger than you too, and you know how fulfilling it is to be part of someone’s success story. Don’t be afraid to ask questions – this is the time to learn and discover, and sometimes you can’t do it all by yourself.



7. Most people will forget about the person you WERE, if you show them the person you ARE.
Yesterdays geek, tomorrows Mark Zuckerberg.
Evolve. Change. The people around you will do the same too. Don’t hold onto fears of the mistakes or silly things you did when you were younger, or the fact that you did not seem as amazing in the past. Show the world todays’ version of you. The present is what matters right now – the world actually forgets the past very quickly.



8. Spend time with family.
These memories will bless you forever.
Father, mother, siblings, uncles, aunts and cousins. Keep in touch as often as you can – even if you don’t want to. You WILL grow apart, a little or a lot, as you grow older; and sometimes memories will be all you have left. These connections and memories will mean a lot in the future, even if it’s just the occasional N10,000 you get from an aunty every month because she remembers you.



9. Sometimes friendships will just end – out of nowhere.
...
It happens. It’s strange, and sometimes for no good reason. Maybe you got other friends, maybe you have different interests now. Whatever it is, don’t be sad and move forward. People are everywhere. But while you are still friends, don’t hesitate to appreciate and love them. We often tend to take for granted, people and things we are familiar with.



10. Depression is a real thing
You will beat it.
This actually affects both genders – male and female. It doesn’t mean something is wrong with you, but sometimes it has to do with repressed emotions or memories, or unresolved issues. Some people don’t find out the cause of their depression for years, but it doesn’t mean you are less capable than anyone else. You CAN overcome it. There IS hope. You have a fire in you that can’t be broken by the darkness. Though depression may AFFECT you, it does not need to DEFINE you.



11. Save money
Invest in the future. (The good kind)
Practice saving, and cutting expenses to enable you to have a sense of self-reliance. A lot of the things we tend to buy as teenagers are usually unhelpful or useless - and years after, you may realize that you have an unhealthy obsession with spending and burning money. Buy good clothes, and shoes, and maintain them. You don’t need every spring and summer collection or every latest type of phone.



12. Be healthy
A healthy teenager really IS a happy teenager.
Exercise NOW!! Don’t wait till you ‘get fat’, or ‘get older’. Today is the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you will ever be. Get your mental psyche used to exercising, you’ll need it for much later. Trust me on this – from personal experience.



13. Listen more, and speak less - when you have to.
There is wisdom out there.
I’ll be dreadfully honest here – a lot of us didn’t do this when we were teenagers. We thought we knew everything, could fix everything, and were everything. The major flaw of this, is that we didn’t stop to take in the experiences of people much older than us, and then ended u wishing people had told us so many things - when in reality they were doing it all along. The world has a lot to say. You should listen first to the right voices, and then add your own.



14. Your parents only want the best for you.
No seriously, they do.
Not everyone is a great parent, and yes – even parents make mistakes. Also, due to generation gaps and differences in current trends in society, you may feel like your parents are out of touch with “what’s cool” or “the way things are”. It happens to us all, but you should remember that your parents were once your age, and did a lot of the things you’re doing – if not more. But every good parent will want you to be better than them, and avoid making the mistakes that they made. Sometimes parents tend to overcompensate for this, and end up alienating you with their approach. But in the end - they really do love you, and you will most likely be amazed at how awesome your parents are when you grow up even more.



15. Adulting is a scam.
Give me back my childhood, Dr. Time.
Trust me - once you get much older, you will wish you could turn back time and go back to your childhood days. Do things you never did, say things you never said, learn things you never did. Make the best of your years and make as many good friendships as you can – the types that make you a better person. Live life to the fullest – if you don’t learn to enjoy yourself now, you never will, and enjoyment is really not always parties, sex or booze. Sometimes it’s the simple things -




Do you have any advice for other teenagers out there? Feel free to drop a comment or two below. You never know, you could change someones' life, or help someone from making a terrible mistake. You could be the one answer they’ve been searching for.

---------------------
Did you like this article? You can read awesome others like...
1. When You Catch Feelings
2. Best Friend For Sale
3. Stereotype Much?

58 comments:

The Funny guy said...

You will take terrible pictures. Keep them for throwbacks.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.

Anonymous said...

Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your web site accidentally, and I am surprised why this coincidence didn't happened in advance!
I bookmarked it.

Anonymous said...

Build up every little talent you discover in you. Even if you think you don't need them now, you definitely would need them in future. Nobody told me this.

Anonymous said...

Very soߋn tһiѕ website wiⅼl Ьe famous amoong all blog visitors, due tߋ it's gooԀ posts

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you for bookmarking.
Great to hear.

I hope you find us absolutely too much fun 😃😃

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

That's awesome.
Thank you!!
I hope we're famous with you too 😂😂

Anonymous said...

This info is priceless. When can I find out more?

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Is there a topic you'd like us to write on? You can freely submit it in the comments section. You could be responsible for the next inspiring article 😃😃

Anonymous said...

WOW just wһat I wwaѕ lookingg for. Camе һere by searching for katie
holmes dating

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However I am going through
issues with your RSS. I don't know why I cannot join it.
Is there anybody else getting similar RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, after reading this remarkable post i am also delighted to share my knowledge here with friends.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great information you have
here on this post. I am coming back to your blog for more soon.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the problem is. What browser are you using this view this?

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thanks. I really do appreciate it 😊😊🙌

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

That's great!!
Feel free to share the post as well 😃👏

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

That's amazing!!
I'm glad you found us.
Drop by often, We've got more awesome things coming up even 😁😁😁😁

Anonymous said...

Awesome issues here. I'm very satisfied to see your post.
Thank you a lot and I am having a look forward to touch you.
Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

Anonymous said...

After exploring a handful of the blog posts on yopur blog, I
truly like your technique of writing a blog.
I saved as a favorite it tto my boоkmark webpage
list and wikl be checking bck soon. Pleаse visit
my web site too and let me know how you feel.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Contact me at ekennia@gmail.com

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

That's nice.
What's your website address?

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours.
It's beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and
bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet
will be much more helpful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all
important infos. I'd like to look extra posts like this .

Anonymous said...

Hellο! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4!

Jusst wanted to sayy I love reading your blog aand look forward to all your
pοsts! Keeр up thhe superb work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Thanks

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Please do.
I would love for more people to see this 😊😊.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

No problem 😃.
Is there any particular topic you'd like?

Anonymous said...

Υou actuaⅼly make it аppear reаlly easy аlong ѡith youг presentation however
I to find his matter tߋ bee really ѕomething whicһ I
thіnk I would never understand. Іt ѕeems too
complicated аnd extremely large fߋr me. Ӏ ɑm having а loⲟk
forward inn уօur next post, I'll attempt to get the cling οf іt!

Anonymous said...

Appreciation tߋ my father who shared with mme concerning this website,
tһіs webpage іs in faft amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi there mates, its fantastic article ᧐n the topic ⲟf educationand comрletely
defined, ҝeep it ᥙp alll tһе timе.

Anonymous said...

Yourr style is unique in compaeison to otheг ffolks I һave rеad stuff from.
Τhank yyou f᧐r postring when уou'vе got thе opportunity,
Guesds Ι'll just bookmark this site.

Anonymous said...

We аre a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme іn our community.
Youur site рrovided us ᴡith valuable info tߋ wоrk on. You'vе performed ɑ formidable task and our entіre neighborhood
ᴡill be grateful to you.

Anonymous said...

I һave read a few eхcellent stuff here. Definitely vɑluee bookmarking foг revisiting.
I surρrise how so much attempt you placе to make ᧐ne
of these exceⅼlent informative site.

Anonymous said...

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet
explorer. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser
compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Тhanks,
Нowever I am encountering difficulties ᴡith yоur RSS. I dоn't know whhy
I аm unable to join it. Is tһere anybody else hɑving the samе RSS problems?

Anyone tһat knowѕ thee solution ѡill уօu kindly
respond? Thankѕ!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this
site with us so I came to check it out. I'm definitely enjoying the information.
I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Superb blog and amazing style and design.

Anonymous said...

It's an awesome post for all the web users; they will get
benefit from it I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.

I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will often come back at some point.
I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!

By the way, how can we communicate?

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is
written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem.

You're wonderful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets
I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter
updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some
experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to
your new updates.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about Wixanleitung.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Wixanleitung? 😅

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you for reading.
I'm not sure about a Twitter feed gadget since I don't use it much. You can try to Google it though. Sorry I'm not more help.

But be sure to check back for bigger and better updates.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you so much. I appreciate you checking it out.

Be sure to share it out to others as well 😁

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you very much.
This means a whole lot, I promise. 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙏🙏

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Drop your email address and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

That's very nice. Thank you very much!!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, it's actually a good for me to pay a visit this
website, it contains useful Information.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr...
well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say excellent blog!

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Omg. I'm so sorry about that. Thank you for coming to read us up though. I hope you come back for more awesomeness😁😁🙌🔥

Anonymous said...

Incredible pοints. Gгeat arguments. Keeр up the amazing work.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sоmeone in my Myspace ցroup shared thіѕ site with us ѕo Ι came
tо look it ovеr. I'm definitely loving the infօrmation. I'm bookmarking аnd wіll be tweeting thiѕ to my followers!
Excellent blog аnd wonderful design and style.

Halima said...

Nice writeup💯 Why didn't i come across this before now😩.. Not too late though😁

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Ӏ defіnitely аppreciate thiѕ website.
Continue thе goodd ԝork!

Deborah Gideon said...

Amazing writeup, and really insightful too

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Definitely never too late 😁.
More awesome stuff is still on the way too.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you so much. I'm glad it got to your heart 😊