Monday, July 24, 2017

Fire



I think it's weird to tell people that I want to "set them on fire".

Don't you? I mean. Really. What would YOU think, after hearing that? But before you keep getting any more wrong ideas, let me explain...


I've wanted, for a long time, to inspire people. I've seen that too many people live dreary, routine "ordinary" lives. Too satisfied with Remaining normal and "Just ok". It's a weird mentality to me really. I grew up watching amazing things happen, and amazing people do them. There was so much to see. It almost physically hurts me when I notice that the people around me live far below their potential. Like a breeze that refuses to blow.... or To shine. Burn bright, and be flames that illuminate the world. Lol. I know I can be strangely abstract at times.

So anyway, I created this blog, worked on numerous projects with an amazing group called Diversity, I've written poems, and staged talks all to that effect. All to inspire people. It keeps me up sometimes...

I wanted to make it obvious to people that anything is possible. To motivate them into bringing out their full potential. Helping them see the reality that the concept of  "Impossibility" is defeatable. There is nothing we are not capable of.
  • Is it flying? - we're in space now.
  • Is it to shine? - we make our own lights
  • Is it to see the future? These days we even create it.

But a lot of people don't know how much they're really capable of. I say this because I used to be like that too. In a cocoon of dredged reservation, drowning in a mentality seeped in self-limitation... I shudder to think what I may have been, if I didn't explore my talents, or look for them.




I have my father, to thank for the person I am today - and I imagine, if everyone reached for greater heights and self discovery, bettering themselves and the little corner of the world they lived in, maybe the world would really be a better place.

I think we are all meant to be "great fires" - spreading warmth and light, throughout everywhere we go.

A lot of people will say they're ok with being normal. Ordinary. That they're "just human" after all. But I don't agree with that in the slightest. It's not enough to be "only human". Human is an amazing thing to be. It gives you the chance to be MORE. There is nothing ordinary about it. You're meant to be a bright roaring flame, so you shouldn't be acting like a smoky powder puff, fading  into ash, forgotten, like the afterthoughts of every 'yesterday'.

And the truth is, as "fires", all through your life, there will be challenges; at every corner, door and street. These many things will try to blow you out - but in the end, only help you rise. They may come as lions - challenges of every kind, waiting to devour you. But it's okay. Be brave. You have the heart of a king, so let there be no room in you for the mind of a slave. When the lions challenge your royalty, burn them down - You are a fire!! Show up and change things. Yes.. Burn Brightly!!




Let there be star sparks in your eyes, and spirit fire in your veins. Let your light chase away the night sky, and your warmth melt cold hearts. It's no joke when I say these words, "Be the fire that lights up the world". Your fate is in your hands now - all the steering wheels and reigns...

You can be the spark that lights up an eternal flame.


Burn Brightly.
Love, Stars and Minds of fire.



---------------------
Did you like this article? You can read awesome others like...
1. Are You Enjoying?
2. I, Difference
3. The Meaning of Life

No comments: