Friday, February 20, 2015

How to finish a Nigerian...

So....I'm sure many of you might not have known this - but we Nigerians (If you're Nigerian shaa) are being hunted.

Yes. Hunted.

Much like our own bushmeat.




But worry not. It's not open season on every Nigerian, only the scammers in our midst lurking about in the dark corners of the 'world wide web'

You can see an example of a man who likes to 'hunt' and 'play' with these scammers and beat them at their own game, in the pictures shown below, which are screenshots of his article.

You can find the original article at HERE


You can see as he narrates, above and below the process of the 'hunt' and referring to "The Nigerian" degradingly. Now I'm not saying that the scammer didn't deserve such a treatment, but somehow the vibe I get from the man's article is that of an inhumane generalization of ALL Nigerians as "scammers".

Doesn't sit right with me. But who knows, it's possible I'm just getting carried away or misunderstanding the tone behind the message. Whatever the message happens to be. Regardless of that, it IS a very interesting article, and an expository one at that too. and he has some screenshots from his chat with the scammer which would prove hilarious to you if you saw them, I'll include only ONE of his screenshots here, which, of course, I'll link to his post on wordpress.com.




#Screenshot
https://onlinedatingredflags.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/online-dating-skout-scam-chat-screenshots-from-rose/

To read more of his article, you can just click on that link up there.

As you can see, our fellow Nigerians are moving round the forests of the world wide web and embarrassing us. As hilarious as it may seem to some people, this is actually one of the many reasons why many online companies or credit companies refuse to either endorse Nigerian trading accounts or allow us to use theirs for any purpose, no matter how honest you are.

Nigerians are just 'not an option'.

Yeah. Ever tried to register on paypal lately? Look for our dear ol' country then. It's sad.

It's up to you and me dear readers. Up to you and I to fix this mess up. To show the world a different side of Nigeria than the scammer stereotype.


Well, I honestly do hope you come along with my dream or at the very least believe in it, a little faith always translates into action when the opportunity is given. Have faith in a better Nigeria.

I know I do.

Thanks for coming here :)
Love, Stars and Jam









No comments: