Friday, March 13, 2015

Liable To Be Loved



He shows me His open hands,
The wounds do break my heart.
He shows me His thorn crown,
And my spirit wants to break apart
He shows me His side wound
And I agonize in my mind
But then He shows me His smile
And not a trace of sorrow, I find


I whisper – I’m not worth it
He proclaims that I am
I shout – I’m not worthy
He speaks that I am
I complain that I’m sinful
He says my sins are no more
I ask if He has ever NOT loved me
He says – NEVER BEFORE

He tells me that it’s paid –
Yes, the price of my freedom.
He tells me that they’re open –
Yes, the gates of His Kingdom
He tells me, that He suffered
Just so I can smile too
All of us truly, and yes - all of you
He then tells me of His promise
One made for ME and YOU:
That in the spring or summer
In the winter and the fall
I am LIABLE TO BE LOVED

And loved truly, by His All.


GLORY BE TO GOD


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very nice...keep it up..��

Nenyem said...

I love this jay