Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hidden in the glass...












Hidden and open, unseen in the scene
My camouflage holds, a facade unseen
Brave with the shyness, timid with the bold
Young when I want to be, hidden in the old
Hot in the fire, hot In the cold
Hot in the tundras' frozen ice mould



Games in the wartime, games in the peace
Games, where we play along, doing as we please
We hide our emotions, we hide our release
These facial expressions - our only tease
There are shadows in darkness, and shadows in the light
Shadows in the rainbow, an unbelievable sight

I walk in the light now, for the shadows bore me
I wear only white now, the grey colors dull me
I see and become, and then I conquer
I tell then the story, as if it a song were
I stay hidden in the open, a small drop in the sea
I'll be known in that open, yet hidden as me
Like a sun in the sky blocking stars en masse

Like a diamond shining....hidden in the glass 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem is lovely, what inspired it?

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you very much.

Well, I really can't remember what inspired it, since it's been many years since I write it. But it has to do with my personality.

Sometimes I tend to keep to myself. I'm not a conventional introvert, but I really do like my personal space, and my controlled situations.

This poem just tells about my fondness for avoiding attention sometimes, even though I tend to attract it.

Sometimes I go with the flow too, and decide to shine. :) ☺

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow. Alright shaa