Wednesday, November 23, 2016

WW Take 1



"Dear B,
I'm in a relationship, I don't wanna seem like I'm selfish but I really feel like he doesn't understand me and he just pities me, and I know am no charity program. Aargh, please help"


***

Dear Miss Not-A-Charity-Program,

Yes honey. You are NOT  a charity program. You are in a relationship because it takes two to tango. You have identified a problem? Good. Makes the relationship even juicier. You have to talk to him, dear. Tell him how you feel. His responses will let you know what he really thinks about you. You feel a certain way, agreed. But, really, that may not be his intention - to treat you like a charity program or like he pities you. On the other hand, it may be what he is really doing - pitying you or whatever. You will never get to know if you just sit back, fold your arms and say nothing. He will keep treating you whichever what way if you do not say anything.

He is your partner. Two of you are in a relationship. There's no harm telling him how you really feel. Letting him know and understand that you chose him for a reason and that you do not need to be pitied, you need to be loved -this is very important.

So, Miss Not-A-Charity-Programme, I'm glad you know your worth. It's time he knows you know your worth and respect that. There is no need to shout or cause a scene. You just need to do that simple thing - talk.

Tell me how it goes, okay?

Love,
B.


(Send any of your anonymous problems and stories like to B at worrywednesdays@gmail.com
She'll answer promptly and beautifully)

2 comments:

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

This was a beautiful answer.
I can't wait to see more WW takes. Good job.

=D

Anonymous said...

Well done B. I like your advice