Friday, April 7, 2017

The Case - Chapter Six




Chapter Six:

"We have to get out of here, there's no time to explain", the girl said.
"So what's your name, Goldilocks?", asked Jake, noticing her blonde hair.

"I assume that would be 'logical' for you to ask, since you look like a bear", Chris said to his friend.


"My name is Renee ... Renee Thompson, now can you get your black and white asses in the car, I have one ... let's go to your place"

They got in the car and zoomed to Jake's apartment. The girls were worried, and had called them about a dozen times. When they got to the door they pushed the door open quickly.

Jasmine and Susan simultaneously pulled out guns and pointed at the door.
"Hey hold up girls it's just us", Jake said.
"Who's the girl?", Susan asked, pointing her gun at Renee.
"She saved our asses out there, you need to calm down", Chris said.
"Is dinner ready yet? Still hungry", Jake said.
''Look... I'm tired of slapping you Mehn"

At the dinner table the guys told them all that happened. Chris assured the girls that Renee was cool, and was on their side.

"We don't have much time, there's a lot to talk about"
"We're listening"
"I have been trailing this gang for some time now. I know their strategies, plans and how they get their weapons. The wasabi gang is like an amalgamation of every thug and street punk available. Don't think you're the only ones being chased"

"What are we in? Some kinda James Bond movie?"
"I joined them to get their plans. I found out who their leader was and how they operate. That night I got busted, I took some money and their documents and they chased me down to that very alley you saved me in"

"Yeah I remember, hey Chris remember that doughnut you asked if I wanted? Can I have it now?", Jake asked.

Jasmine slapped Jake this time.
"Anyways, I have tried to figure out what they're up to. Two months ago I heard of a bombing in Washington and knew they had something to do with it"

"Yeah, my brother's house, I lost him", Chris said, looking down
"I'm sorry for your loss", Renee said, touching his arm.

Jasmine cleared her throat.
"We're kinda dating you know"

There was silence in the air.

Jake broke the ice
"This... is awkward"

"Moving on, I hacked into their files, phone records, criminal records. I discovered that someone gives them a lot of info"
"We sorta figured that part out", Jasmine snapped.
"I believe someone in your district is a mole".

"What... you mean there's a snitch at the station?" Chris asked
Renee got up and walked round for a minute. She pointed to the clock hanging on the wall.
"What's that?", She asked.
"I believe modern humans call it a clock", Jasmine said. She didn't like her.

Renee walked to the clock, brought it down and pulled off what appeared to be the smallest mini camera they had ever seen.

"Those perverts have been watching us the whole time!", Chris said.
"I believe your phones are bugged also to hear your conversations, don't ask, but graduating from MIT has its perks", Renee said smiling.
"Umm ... do you think there's one in the bathroom, I sorta do a lot of ... stuff in there", Jake asked nervously.

"Why are you so concerned with them anyway?' Jasmine asked. Renee paused for a moment
"They set my house on fire, all of my family ... they're dead", she said, quietly.

"Sorry for your loss", Chris said, holding her hand.
"It's okay, they served the Lord faithfully, I know I'll join them in Heaven someday... I know I'm gonna die soon"
"Don't talk like that"
"You guys should get some sleep, I need a laptop, I wanna do some more work and find the mole, maybe i can hack into the police files and see if I can find a familiar face. Oh and in case of any emergency, guns are at the trunk of my car"

"Badass", Susan said. "I like her"

"Hey guys.... I'm still hungry", Jake added.


******************************************
The guys didn't leave the house until midnight the next day.

They left to get some groceries, and eventually agreed they wanted to eat there. Chris ordered for some nachos, while Jake ordered for some chicken. Jake was saying his prayers when he heard a fork on his plate.

"You can't even wait for me to finish talking to the Lord Jesus, before you misbehave?", he asked.
"I'm sorry"
"Yeah you should be, now order me a drink as a peace offering"
"I'd rather buy for the Easter Bunny, and he doesn't exist"

Renee ran like a mad woman into the restaurant. She ran to the boys and sat close to the window trying to catch her breath.
"What's wrong, what happened?"
" I found the mole, but I feel I'm being followed, I couldn't tell the girls because I trust only you guys, his name is ... "
The boys watched as a bullet pierced through her forehead from the back of her head.

She dropped dead on the spot. There was a hole and blood stained the window.

"Shit!' Chris screamed.
"When will this damn nightmare end!?"
Soon the empty restaurant was filled with thugs everywhere. Chris turned the table over and they used it as cover. They had guns too, and soon bullets were flying everywhere.

The owner of the canteen ran to the kitchen, with the waitress getting there before him. Jake called the girls to come loaded with Renee's bag of ammunition. There were about six thugs with bad aim. Luckily, their house was just a few minutes away.
"Chris, if I die ... bury the last piece of pie in the fridge with me"
"Jake if you live ... I'll kill you myself"

The thugs were closing in on them, and Jake was out of bullets. Suddenly the girls burst in. They dived behind the counter and the thugs were sandwiched between the boys and the girls. Soon they were all out.

"Susan! I love you so much!", Jake said, going for a hug.
"Not now you fat frog get in the car", Susan said, dodging the hug.

They got into Jake's BMW and zoomed off. Chris was driving.
"Renee said that it was all a setup, that they blew your brother's house and attacked yours while they tapped Jake's place with cameras everywhere, even in the bathroom", Susan said.

"Oh common, a nigga can't even get any privacy", Jake said.

"So they knew the only place you could stay was Jake's, but they couldn't attack because you were all under surveillance"
"How did she know all that?", Chris asked.
"I have no idea, and now she's dead"
Chris' phone began to ring in the car, he connected it to the car and put it on speaker.

"There's a bomb attached to your car. You have 20 seconds to get out of there, a scrambled voice said.
"Who are you?!" The line went dead.
"Jake! Time it now!", Chris screamed.

Jake timed his watch for 16 seconds.
Chris drove fast to a secluded area to avoid maximum carnage, and he parked hurriedly.

"Five seconds Mehn!"
They all jumped out and tried to get to safety.

Then the car exploded. It was a cacophony of sharp sudden bangs, followed by the filling of ash and flame around the vehicle. There was a hazardous discord, and a terrible heat pervaded the air.





(Hey guys, Edward checking in here. I thank God for the progress so far, and thank you for following, drop comments and tell me watchu think.)
(The Case - By Edward Onuoha)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This series is still exciting... ☺
Kudos. Keep it up...