Friday, February 9, 2018

A Walk With My Mother - Poetry


                                                 A WALK WITH MY MOTHER

A Poem By Agbebaku Ihomehe 
 @ihome_a


The morning I walked with my mother
I hid behind her skirt when strangers spoke
When my legs were tired she carried me
When I fell asleep she cradled me 


 
This afternoon I walked with my mother
when strangers spoke I could not hide
when my legs were tired she could not carry me
I did not fall asleep


This evening I walked with my mother
When strangers spoke I answered them
When her legs were tired I carried her
In her sleep the earth will cradle her

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so delighted I found your site, I really found
you by error, while I was looking on Google for something else,
Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I
don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great b.

Uche Vera said...

😍😍😍Beautiful❤