Friday, August 3, 2018

The Fight

[2 mins read]




There are words too full in my mouth.
Too heavy in my chest.
These are words I can't express.
I've tried to swallow but I can't digest.



There are thoughts that fill my heart.
Ideas that I concoct.
These are things of which I can only dream.
They are unreal, figments of a dozen fantasies.

There are things I'm yet to know.
These ones my spirit yearns for; thirsts and hungers.
They are deep, far out of my reach.
But they call to me in the whisper of the gentle breeze.

There are times I feel worth less than sand.
Times I feel inadequacy in my shaky hands.
No silver lining in my dark grey sky.
 No glimpse of hope buried within the clouds.

I get confused. I feel abandoned.
 I want more. I settle for less.
There are ups. There are downs.
Yet through it all, I seem to stand.
And things still aren't certain.

 But I will fight on.





-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Unpopular opinion- over the top
2. A letter to the dead
3.The transformation of a story

1 comment:

Uche Vera said...

😍WORDπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ€˜πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ