Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Letter To The Dead

[1 min read]


Dear Bola,

Monday the 18th was supposed to be the best day of my life,
It was our wedding day.
Supposed to be anyway.
That was the day I got the heart breaking news,
Bola was dead.


I couldn't believe it, wouldn't believe it.
You were still very real to me,
I mean, you were my best friend,
My sister.
So I couldn't just let them convince me
That you were lying cold,
Somewhere dark,
You beautiful smile gone,
you glowing skin dried.

Not until the burial,
when I watched you go under.
Those were the worst 20 minutes of my life,
As each sand filled shovel took you farther away from me.
I wish you knew what has become of me,
I'm now a shadow of myself.

I don't remember what life was like before you,
So I can't live a strangers life.
Everything seems like a blur,
I feel empty,
Like a useless can being tossed around the street.

They are making me see the doctors,
I don't think they have the cure for this one.
I cant wait to wake up from this nightmare,
I feel so alone.
Bola, I wish you knew,
That when you took your own life,
I died too.

Depression is real,
But you don't have to go through it alone,
Please, reach out to someone.

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Alone