Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Heroes

[2min Read]




I never knew my father,
But I had heard from my mother,
That he was the best hero there ever was,
With his smile he ended wars.

He had that drive to save the world,
That is why he left. Mummy and I are just a fraction,
A fraction of a fraction of a big, big world
The one daddy wanted to save- His world.
Her stories were like proverbs,

I knew them so well I could another tell,
But her night tears, those were new
She cried silently, it took away her skin’s hew.
She held father’s picture,
And her tears cleared the dust.

Father my gallant hero,
Made mummy cry and woe.
I could not discern why though,
Until one day under the sun through the glass window,
I saw father hold and smile with his family.


That’s the world he wanted to save you see,
It broke my heart into fractions of fractions.
“You should never meet your heroes little one”
Mummy always ended her stories,
She was right always had been.
And on her funeral day,
Father came.

He held my hand and said;
“There lies in the ground
The strongest woman I ever met,
And stand I here the weakest man ever walked the Earth,
For letting that WORLD slip away,
Because I thought the pot of gold was a rainbow away.
While it lay at the beginning,
Ready to take my rainbow journey with me,

Little one, she’s the real hero
The world never met a nobler one”
Father was a hero, mother’s hero,

He just wasn’t mine.

And as the sun set,
And the riddles end,
I unmasked my hero,
But she was gone.
“You should never meet your heroes little one”
I echoed

And I swear to you little one,
The gravestone jerked a little aside,
My hero had smiled.


-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

1. Leonardo's hands
2. Buy me a Rose
3. When Man meets Woman

1 comment:

Diré said...

This is beautiful