Saturday, October 6, 2018

My Take on Acrimony


[5 min read]



So, I finally watched Acrimony-hold on, don't close the tab or leave this page just yet. It has become a touchy movie some people would rather avoid and while I can understand the ravings, I think they are quite unnecessary.
Anyways, if we must apportion blame, let's do it right 😁



Here’s why:
1. One reason we’re advised to not let our feelings cloud our judgment is evident in Melinda’s action. I mean, if you’re not comfortable with the decision(s) your partner is making and you know it might affect you in one way or another, speak up and let your partner know you aren’t cool with it. Melinda wasn’t comfortable about Robert’s use of her money, but she rationalized; oh, the battery will hit soon so there’s nothing to worry about. Well, I love him, and I can do anything for him😏...

2. Okay, here’s where I think Robert is at fault. Yeah, you have your project to work on and that’s alright, but when you notice whatever it is you’re doing is starting to put a strain in your relationship with someone you claim you love, then take a break, sit your partner down and discuss it.πŸ’

And yeah, he should have gotten a job

3. Another vital thing is that no matter how bad we want to apportion the larger share of the fault to Robert, let us also bear in mind that we heard the story from Melinda’s point of view. Robert really did love her (Melinda loved him more) even though I think it was a fast move for him concerning Diana.

And let me know, do you think he was a con artist like Melinda claimed? (I know my answer🀐😎)

4. Also, Robert didn’t fight for Melinda. I mean you’ve been in a relationship with someone for 18 years(right?) and the person says she wants a divorce, you just almost passively go with it?

No man, no. You don’t do thatπŸ™…; You fight for love. You fight for her. For real! Even after the divorce and the battery hit, I think he should’ve tried again with Melinda [not telling her he had made it though, because that information alone would’ve made Melinda change her mind, but he should’ve tried without involving money... Okay maybe involving little money]

5. Another thing, the divorce may have been avoided if Robert told Melinda, from day one, that he was in contact with Diana about the battery. You know?

6. Learn to let go. She divorced him. She should have lived with the consequences of her action (hard sturv though)

7. Someone said "There are some people you are not destined to make it with, no matter how much you love them, or how long they have been together". Do you agree?

I honestly can’t remember the other things I was going to write😩😌, but this is already long enough.

Oh, one more thing, if you are or ever get to be, in fact, imagine you are in the shoes of Diana, would you try to get them back together or would you go with the flow like she did? (I don't even know if she loved him or was just there for the money)

Anyways,
Tyler Perry deserves accolades for getting people riled up over this. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

However, these are my opinions though cos hey, what do I know? I’m just a lady satisfied with leading a single life for now.

Alright people; Ppplllleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee, let me know what you think in the comment section.

Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like:
1. Why we can't be friends
2. Indeed, this is Nigeria
3. Unpopular Opinion - The Rule of Laughter

5 comments:

Uche Vera said...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘OK this is Sooo on point
Loooved how you judiciously analysed "Acrimony" (I like this movie ehh...)Well done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
In my opinion tho I don't think only Melinda needed counseling (both her n Robert needed the counseling) after Robert had "made it" . Check it , his battery hits (finally😌) what now, at least try to get back with the woman he promised heaven n earth to when he'd finally make it, the woman who could do anything for him (literally), the woman who sacrificed a lot n would've even sacrificed more (if not for family pressure), the woman who was there with him through thick and thin, the woman who endured, tolerated n supported him blindly (not that supporting him blindly was a good idea but at least he would've considered all these things) .....(well you get the point) but nooo instead the better option for him was to go n marry somebody he previously cheated on Melinda with while they were still dating n give her the exact luxury he had promised Melinda (not a smart decision AT ALL.....he needed counseling) . I think he did it just to get back at Melinda for divorcing him (childish behaviour). I didn't really think much of their (Robert and Diana) relationship, to me they were just sexually compatible, (relationship (marriage in particular) is more than just "that" ) don't think they would last sef, assuming he thought through his brains n not his balls (with proper counseling) he'd make a better decision n the whole thing wouldn't end up as bad as it did.

I don't quite agree with number 5 shaa, not that I totally disagree oo (I agree but not 100%) I think it's not bad for Robert to hide such (his business with Diana) from Melinda (knowing how cycotic she can be) I'm not saying he shouldn't tell her either but then there's the ryt time for everything (after his battery hit) I guess he was just waiting for the ryt time 🀷 don't think telling Melinda might have prevented the divorce cause there was more to that divorce than just that.
Destiny they say can only be delayed, people around you only influence it. How you end up depends on YOU. If you're destined for greatness, with determination, hardwork, patience, focus etc YOU WILL achieve greatness regardless of who you're with or not with.

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

Wow πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I love the angles you came out from.
I see your point with the number 5 though. If not for that damned purse and the sister 😏😏 maybe, just maybe, they would've still been together but I think this incident was the last straw for Melinda.
Thank you Uche. Really. ❤❤

Uche Vera said...

No, Thank YOU Ola-Amuda Tosinmile For keeping us engraved in interactive n entertaining articles like ( Defeated Not episode 1etc...) , this one n for interacting as well in fact here's ur accolades πŸ₯‚πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ₯‡πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† you deserve more. Keep up the good work πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

OMG!!! Your plan to make me cry will not work. You, Uche, have made my week.
How do I stop blushing 😭😭😭😭.
I'm keeping my accolades, thank you very much.
You are a reader every writer covetsπŸ’•πŸ’•

Uche Vera said...

😍Awwwww😍😘😘😘 U're welcome!!!πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š