Thursday, January 10, 2019

Other Girls

[1 min read ]



I've always seen other girls like they were in another world

One where they never felt odd like I did,

A world where everything weird was long forlorn,

But I was the only one who thought this indeed.



I thought other girls had boys flocking,

Everywhere they turn, there was a boy lurking.

Of this I could almost swear I was sure,

But then I grew and learned it was not so.

The other girl down the street was battling drugs.

And One had a pregnancy scare every month.

And one had a dad she hated.

Today I saw one of the other girls buying the type of chips I liked,

When she saw me, she concealed it because it was an odd brand.

In her eyes, I realized that in her poem or story, I'd be one of the other girls

We are all like Belle's teacup

All odd

Only that the chip was in a different corner,

For every girl's cup.

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Heroes

2 comments:

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

Brilliant piece🙌🙌
It tugged at my heart.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

This is Amazing!!
I'm a guy, but I still felt and understood this.

(Had to redo the comment cuz I made an error before)