Friday, September 6, 2019

The Change

[4min read]


I met her on my first day and we undeniably clicked, we quickly became best friends. I met the second person a year later and I introduced them to each other. A few weeks later, I started to wonder if I had made a mistake. 

We were three friends, best of friends, inseparable. At least, that was what it seemed like to people and probably my two friends. But to me, I was just a girl struggling to fit in.

No matter how hard I tried to shake the feeling, I always felt left out.

It was as if no matter what I did, I just wasn't a part of it and I wasn't meant to be. I was lonely but I kept it to myself, I pretended that everything was fine. They got closer everyday and everyday I went home wishing I had just one person I could rely on.

They started to have inside jokes, they laughed about things I didn't even understand.

Slowly, I started to crawl back into the shell that I never knew existed.

I went from being a friendly outspoken person, to someone who had to fake smiles, to avoiding talking about the things that bothered me. I didn't want it to seem like I was complaining, I wanted them to think I was cool and didn't care if they called each other everyday and didn't bother with me.

Then it wasn't about them anymore, I realized I was losing myself, but it was too late and I had become someone in the shell that people thought was carefree and didn't care about anything.

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...