Friday, March 17, 2017

The Case - Chapter Five



Chapter Five:

"I want the three of you to get your knees to the ground, right here in the middle", the thug said.
"That's a little too specific don't you think?", Chris said.

One of them slapped him across the face, and he fell down.

"Argh!... Now I know how Jake feels!"
"Citizens of Washington, you're about to witness what we do to cops that kill one of our own", said one of the thugs.


Everyone was flat on the ground, some muttering prayers to God. Chris and the girls knelt down in the middle with their arms at their backs, guns pointed to their foreheads. The thugs had their backs to the bathroom.

"Hey... where's Jimmy?", asked one.
"He's taking out the fat guy", said the leader
"Well, why isn't he out yet?"
"...Maybe he decided to use the bathroom?"

"Oh please, just kill us already! The torture of your bad accents is worse than death", said Susan.

"Fine... looks like you're the first one to go, pretty boy", the leader said, pointing a gun to Chris' forehead.
"Hate to break it to you, but the last guy that said that... well, let's just say he won't be around for Thanksgiving"
"Good news for you guys, you can take his share of the turkey", Jasmine said.
"You think I'm playing here? Fine. Maybe you'll tell him hello for me"
Four gunshots came from the bathroom door, the four thugs were on the ground grasping their ankles.

"Who's your daddy now?", a voice said.
"Jake! I thought I would never slap ... I mean... see you again!", said Chris.

Susan and Jasmine took their guns and pushed them aside.
"Alright... everybody out. Washington PD. It's about to get messy in here. Go home", Chris said.
"And make sure you give testimonies in church, Jesus just saved you. Be grateful", Jake added.

Everyone scurried through the door while they tied up the thugs, and put them in the position they were in, just a few minutes ago. Finally, the restaurant was empty.

"Now... why won't you guys leave us alone?", Chris asked.
"You killed the brother of our leader, and we have orders to bring your bodies to him", one answered.
"But we didn't kill him, and how can one dead guy be causing all this trouble?", Jake said.
"How did you get to know how he was killed anyway", Susan asked.

"We got an anonymous call from someone that night, that's why we were able to get you the next day"

"And does this ass-wipe have a name?"
"The person didn't say, dunno whether it's a man or a woman, the person scrambles the voice during phonecalls"
"Phone calls?", Jasmine asked.

"Yeah, they have been giving us updates on where you are".
Susan kicked one thug and knocked him out in the process
"You're going to jail, punks. This isn't over"

Sirens were heard, apparently the crowd had called the cops. The police came in and took the thugs, three were able to walk while the last one was dragged along.

"Hey there's one guy in the bathroom", Jake said pointing in that direction.
"Wait! One more thing" Chris said. He walked and slapped the guy who hit him before.
"Now the world makes sense again"

"Jake... how did you get out, and who shouted?"
"Long story guys, tell you when we get home, I'm still hungry, turkey anyone?"

Chris wanted to slap him, but Susan held his hand
"Lemme do it this time"
"My pleasure", Chris said smiling.

Jake was on the floor two seconds later.

******************************************
They drove home, and the girls cooked dinner - spaghetti and meatballs. They laughed and talked about their night.

"Oh yeah, Jake, tell us what happened out there", Jasmine said.
"Okay, so I was doing my business...", Jake started.
"Eeeew ... continue"
"I noticed a guy passed to the sink area, and I heard a cocking sound. I was done and I came out fast, but he turned around and pointed his gun at me."

"This is so intense. I'm gonna get some more juice", Chris said.

"Moron ... so I raised my hands in surrender, I looked down and saw water on the tile just in front of him. I moved back slowly cause I wanted him to walk forward. He did, slipped and fell"
"What about the gunshot?", Susan asked.
"His hand was on the trigger so he shot but it didn't hit me, I gave him a Samoan drop"
"And the shout?"

"How would you react if 200 pounds of black fury fell on you?", Jake quipped.
"I'd prefer the gunshot", Chris said, retuning with some more juice.
"What's a Samoan drop?”, Jasmine asked.

"A wrestling move that involves jumping up, and falling spread wide on your opponent", Chris explained.
"Poor guy, should have shot himself, it would've been better than having a black ass on my face", Susan said.

"Oh I almost forgot, after I knocked him out cold I flushed his head down the toilet"
"The one you used?" Chris asked disgusted.
"You don't wanna know Mehn"

"I think I'm done with my food"
"Me too"
"Right behind you"
"Jokes on you, more food for me", Jake said.

******************************************
Jake, Chris and Connor went to a store to get some things late at night. They had just got out from interrogating the thugs and it was a long day. It was fun for Chris, Connor allowed him to use his bat. Jake prayed for his forgiveness the whole time.

They got out and bid Connor goodnight.
"Goodnight Tweedledum and tweedledummer", Connor said heading back.

It was late, and they had to get back to the girls. Jasmine was cooking a Mexican dinner.
They walked fast and noticed shadows following them. They practically started running and heard voices.
"It's them! Let's get 'em before they get away", a voice bellowed.

They ran and made a wrong turn into an alley and faced a dead end. The shadows soon became figures and they caught up to them with guns. They were two of them.

"Not again!", Jake said.
"Look just kill us already"
"Oh we will"

Two gunshots were heard, and two bodies dropped to the ground. Chris and Jake opened their eyes and saw a girl holding a gun behind where the thugs stood.

"And you are?", Chris asked.
"You don't remember me? I'm the one that saved that night in the alley"

"Told you it was a girl", Jake said.
"Come with me if you want to live"
"Wish Connor was here to hear that" Chris said






Stay tuned and drop comments on what you think guys :)
(The Case - By Edward Onuoha)

No comments: