Monday, January 1, 2018

A Friend Indeed



I can't tell you how many posts and statuses I've seen of people threatening to cut off undeserving friends, talking about how much they don't need anyone else, or how little you matter to their life.

Now as the year is ending, these posts are intensifying. "All my haters should stay in 2017", "If you know you don't like me, delete my contact" and all sorts of things.

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm all up for staying in a good crowd, with good friends that are truly good for your wellbeing. But I've noticed the trends these days in our generation are centered and popularized around selfishness and building walls.



And as always, here I am touting the unpopular opinion, but that's okay. Popularity no longer interests me. Ive had my taste and fill, and truthfully, I think it's an overhyped delicacy. It's not as tasty as they make it out to be.

How many times have you supported your friends' dreams, called them up during difficult times, lent them money without asking back, showing up for events simply to help out how you can, praying for them, giving them honest advice even at your own disadvantage, encouraged better life decisions than simply the one that gives the most fun for this single moment and day?

God knows I can never forget good friends that have sacrificed or worked for me. We may not always be by each others side, but if they call I will go there in a heartbeat. Friends that make me truly want to become a better person.

This 2018, instead of simply getting rid of bad friends, work on yourself tremendously to be a better one. Instead of simply waiting for better friends, let us choose to BE them.

The world needs more staying strong, not more giving up.



---------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. 15 Things Every Teenager Needs To Hear
2. Stereotype Much?
3. Vote For Me

1 comment:

Uche Vera said...

WORD ! ! !😎👍
This reminds me of what a wise man once wrote and I quote "There are friends who watch u in a struggle and then there are friends that help you in it.
As important to know the kinds of friends you have, Is to know the kind of friend you are "
HAPPY NEW YEAR TRJ family 😍😘❕❕❕