Friday, February 1, 2019

Shades and reflections

[3 min read]



When I was young, I wore shades of bright colours and I saw the world in its reflection.
I've always loved trying new things, maybe it was just to feed my curiosity.

Heard that growing up was hard, but I couldn't wait to be a year older, I would round up my age and keep my teeth locked hoping they won't ask for my year of birth.
I loved to take up responsibilities; worked hard to be somewhat mature at least for my age.



It was me playing out my earnestly desired maturity and it got hard on some days to be 'Miss Mature', but I loved it. I had no worries... I did actually, just not the same genre of worries I would have at an older age.

Now, this is the part where I am meant to complain about how growing up is actually hard and how I wish I could go back to being young, and yes, growing has not been the most fascinating ride, the lessons are never enough, the tears too.

Constantly learning and unlearning, but I love being older, I love planning and thinking about the future
I love watching my evolution.
I'm in love with the woman I'm becoming,
I love the Lord and I'm in awe of how much he loves me.

I no longer wear my bright shades all the time, I wear dark shades too, but I now know that I decide my vision. I decide how I want things to be reflected.

So, what's my point actually? My point is this: I've learnt not to tag a phase as good or bad, it's all part of the storyline. Besides, what's an incredible story without a plot twist before the happily ever after story. I can't see the next scene, but I know what the epilogue of this book says and it's amazing.

Love the revolution,
And enjoy each phase.
   
                                                 Nimi's Niche

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

3 comments:

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Spectacular 👏👏
Growth should always be a good thing. Even if it doesn't happen due to such.

But your story is a great one, getting greater Tolu.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jamike😊

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for the lesson. Growth is something to be embraced and not despised