Friday, August 14, 2015

When Girls Ask For Credit....



Ever met a cute, nice looking girl and start talking to her? She seems mostly uninterested, or maybe she's friendly. You think to yourself;  You're on your way to making a new friend, and then BAM!!!

She asks you to send her credit to buy 5gb data plan. Like magic. You, that barely has enough to buy credit to call your own blood sister.

It's sad how a lot of girls these days are just learning ways to exploit guys interest the wrong way. A friend of mine was happily telling us the other day, (when i was in 100 level) how his sister regularly collects credit from the boys who keep calling/contacting her. Something I could NEVER encourage my own sister, or even daughter, to begin, let alone praise her for it. You might not like these things I'm saying at all, but the truth of the matter is - we boys aren't piggy banks and you girls aren't sex toys.

If you have a boyfriend, OK!! You can definitely ask him for credit, it's allowed. If you have a very close male friend you've known for years, FINE!! It's all good. If you've met one very rich Alhaji with tons of money who spent N50,000 on you on the first day you met him; who tells you he loves you and wants to "take real good care of you" well....that's really your own business biko. But a guy you started talking to a few days ago; and who you've only had a conversation or two with, whom you've never met with face to face for any kind of extended period of time? No.

If on the other hand you want to get rid of some guy who's been bothering you on social media since - you're free to use that tactic. But beware that it could also have consequences. Most (bad) guys feel possessive of a girl once they've given her anything and feel like they deserve “compensation” for all their so-called investment.

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day, who for privacy reasons I will refer to just as “Lolade”, when I was still planning on writing this article. Once she read the proposed title of the article, as seen in this post here (LOL) she got angry and started talking about the numerous annoying antics of boys that will spend a “measly N500 on a girl” and start acting up for the girl – Now I’m paraphrasing here a lil bit. I had just had a recent experience of the kind named in the article title, that I’m writing about now, and chatted with her on BBM about it. --->It was Sunday morning, and I was just returning from church, about to go get my sister from the airport when I got a distress message from a girl that I should send her credit urgently via sms (ie send the pin), begging and pleading on the chat. I of course told her the truth that, coming from church, I had no money on me – I mean, who takes money to church? All I take is the offering money I’ll be giving. She continued to plead and when I didn’t budge (I obviously cannot manufacture money out of thin air, neither did I feel comfortable giving out stuff to someone I had barely ever talked to. "Hi and hello" isn’t enough oo) she asked me to send it tomorrow. It was obvious at that point what was really going on – she didn’t need the credit or she just wanted to send it to someone else, or maybe she wanted to call her boyfriend up with it. I can’t say with certainty which is the case, if any of them apply even.

I won’t be posting screenshots of the chat to give privacy, and also to keep it ambiguous as to who the person really is – since it isn’t the first time that this kind of scenario has happened. What I would usually do on such occasions is to either; ignore the person, continue giving excuses or just give the person the money and ignore them from then on. This time I decided to do something different. I decided to confront her on it. I won’t go into details on the entire story about what happened after - in order to avoid prolonging the article, but the end result is that we’ve gotten to know each other much better now, she doesn’t ask me for credit again and we’re good friends now.

The matter was never spoken of after that day. Ever. Resolved and ended. Hopefully it won’t ever come up again unless it’s real.

Open the image to enlarge and view it


Feminism is being preached almost everywhere nowadays and its’ message is "Gender Equality". A lot of people however misconstrue the meaning of the term and see its’ message as one of "Female Domination". You want the power to rule over groveling men slaving at your feet looking up at you in awe of your "ravishing" beauty.

Honestly? That is a fetish. Please seek help.

A lot of girls see themselves as "smart" or "powerful" because they twist naive boys around their fingers and get them to buy gifts or credit etc for them - but that's really just sad. With that, you are - quite simply, a wicked extortionist. There's no good excuse for using people that way. Wrong is wrong is wrong.

Now please don't misunderstand. I'm not attacking girls in general, neither am I attacking the attitude of asking for credit. What I'm reprimanding on this article is the exploitation. The same way i would condemn all types of rape or murder - abortion especially.

There's a lot of exploitation already going on by guys on (usually naive) girls for sex. This going back to exploit the naive guys for money doesn't help matters. You cannot  fix a broken car by wrecking it even more.

Tomorrow you will be the same ones to tell your sons and brothers not to give out money to girls anyhow. No, its’ not "being smart". Choosing to do the wrong thing, purposefully, with full intent - if anything, is actually stupid. It's stupidity that got Nigeria into this mess that we’re in today – our economy, social class divisions, foreign views and more. It's stupidity that made people not realize the future they were casting us all into; when they took the money that would have helped make Nigeria a better place.
Be smarter.

(Don't agree? Comment below!! Tell us your views :D  )

Thanks for coming here :)
Love, Stars and Jam


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Jamike, you have totally outdone yourself this time. true though, girls should learn to take care of themselves. an independent lady is a strong lady:)

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

hehehehe. Thx oooo. Glad you really like it.....even though it was so long. lol :D

Damilola Olukeye said...

I completely and utterly agree with you... And then guys get offended when one doesn't want to take stuff from them. The way I see it, I can't just run around extorting people I don't know. So I think more people should read this

Unknown said...

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more. pet flakes

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Glad you liked it. I hope you keep enjoying it all the more ☺