Friday, September 9, 2016

My Love Story


By Patsy

He was my childhood friend. I can't remember how exactly we met, but he was always around. They always talked about him and pushed me towards him and made sure he followed me everywhere. It caught on. I kinda built my life around him. I knew what he liked and disliked, and we talked every morning and night before I went to bed. He was mummy's ideal man for me.

But I grew up.
While I kept him as my friend, it was quite obvious we couldn't be more than that, just friends. I mean -  he wasn't my type. He wasn't the coolest guy out there and he didn't roll with the “cool kids”. Did I mention he was older? No? Cause it didn't matter when I was younger, but I had grown and he wanted to act like some father/big brother figure and I wasn't buying that. Always trying to tell me what to do and what not to do. Urgh... he was so annoying. Oh yes and boring. He had this habit of writing me letters. Lots of them. They filled a whole book. Who does that?! I mean it could be cute, but ...errr ....a bit to much maybe? On top of that he wanted to talk all the time. Talk about major clingy.

But forget about him

He wasn't my type. Period.
So I shunned him and followed my types. The cool ones (atleast i thought so), the approved ones. I fell madly in love... I had fun. Then fun hurt… and I couldn't understand why. Fun didn't last. They broke my heart. One after the other. After the crazy nights, and the popularity, all the thrills, it hurt. But the problem was never them, it was me. I wasn't good enough. I never did it right enough for them. I had to do more. I had to keep their attention for them to keep mine. I needed them to love me. I failed. They walked me in circles. I didn't know how to live without them, they were my pleasures, my human nature called out to them but they hurt me and then said they loved me. I was so confused. My parents didn't understand, but my friends did. We had the same lovers. The same pain. As for him? We barely talked anymore. We rolled with different crowds now.

So one of those days, when again, I wasn’t good enough, I wanted someone to at least like me and I remembered him. How much he used to dote on me. I wanted to call him. But like I said, we rolled in different crowds now. If I wasn’t good for these guys I'd never be enough for him. He had such high standards. I figured I’d best stay with those who could tolerate my less than enough self. I never thought I’d say this, but all of a sudden, he was too good for me.

Then one of those days I met one of his friends, the ones who hung out with him now. I thought I’d irritate her or something. I figured he had told her how I treated him and she'd not like me. But she was so nice. There was just something about her. She reminded me of him. So while we talked she told me he still loved me. That he talked about me all the time. I told her I didn’t believe it. I told her she didn’t know the whole story. She told me it didn’t matter. Said I should go read the letters he wrote to me. With all the doubt in my heart, I did. I couldn’t believe my eyes. He gave up so much for me. He still told everyone he loved me. Despite my brokenness and shame, it was like he took them all on himself. He identified with me like that. The things he wrote about me. The way he treasured me. Even before I was born. I cried and cried. With a trembling heart and feeble lips I called him. He answered. I was so scared I cut the call and went to tell her. His friend. I can’t tell you how much she helped. She took me to his presence. I met a lot of his friends. And then I met him again. The way he loved me. Even when I told him parts of me still loved some of that old stuff, he simply said he’d love me through it if I let him. 

It wasn’t easy. Letting go of my past. Giving my all to him. Learning to love like him. It wasn’t easy. But now, when I look at myself, I see through his eyes. I can say I am enough. I am loved. I am chosen. I am worthy. I am redeemed. I am forgiven.

So when I say Jesus is BAE. Please understand, I didn’t wake up one morning and follow a trend. We have solid history. That’s why he is Before All Else. He is my love.


Written by: Patsy
Edited by: FeezyOnuh
Reviewed by: The Oracles(@oracles_rhema).   

To get even more colorful articles, visit her at http://colourherlush.wordpress.com/                                                                                                                           

---------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Testimony ONE
2. Speak. Out.
3. The Good Fight

11 comments:

Superman said...

Patsy.... Wow, just wow. Been a while the end of a story twisted up on me like that.
And the message 100!
Loved it!

Bimbo said...

This is a very nice write up a christian can read and always come back to, reminding us of our creator has always been there for as a friend to talk to.
Btw I knew it was Jesus you were referring to from the very beginning.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Lol @bimbo. Can't you just be surprised for once?

Anonymous said...

Awesome write up...made we want to cry...especially at how we often treat the Lord...and yet He loves us forever. Thanks for this ....made my day

Anonymous said...

This got me. Heart, soul and mind. lovely jamie, lovely.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Lol. I'm not the one who wrote the article o. It's Patsy. You can check more of her work in the link on the page. :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.. Love the story line

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

I know right? πŸ˜ƒ

She's talented πŸ‘‹πŸ‘πŸ‘

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think you were gay...it's good twas sth else😏

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

πŸ˜’ 'By Patsy' is clearly stated above and below the writeup. How did you get gayness when I'm not the writer😀.

Thank God you shaa got it πŸ˜₯

Anonymous said...

Wow... Jst Wow. You guys have talent@therealjamike