Wednesday, February 1, 2017

23 Lessons In 23 years

So...I've learnt a great many things in these 23 beautiful years, and I'd like to share just a few of them - only 23 of them, with you.  You may have seen these words before, but just not in this way...
Ready... Set... Go!!


Yes.... Over the years...


...I've learned that, we don't have to change friends, If we understand that friends change.
Yeah... some get fat


...I've learned that, something that you do in just an instant, can give you heartache for life
MMM for example


...I've learned that, you should always leave loved ones with loving words, it may be that last time you see them.
...


...I've learned that, we are responsible for what we do... no matter how we feel.
Because Savage is a way of life...


...I've learned that, either you control your attitude... or it controls you.
I have decided to be a superstar


...I've learned that, my best friend and I, can do anything or nothing and still have a good time.
But now, the mischief is just too much. 


...I've learned that, sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down, will be the ones who help you get up.
Because all angles are in your favour...


...I've learned that, sometimes when I am angry, I have the right to be angry... but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
But it gives me the right to sulk a little, and look cool with my hoodie though...


...I've learned that, your family won't always be able to be there for you. It may seem funny, but people you aren't related to can take care of you and love you just the same. Families aren't always biological.
But I'm the one taking care of these ones oo. Hm.


...I've learned that, maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you learned from them - and less to do with how many years you have lived.
Be what you want to be. Inspire. Change. Create. Evolve. Amaze.


...I've learned that, it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
Insert sad caption that makes you burst into powerful tears*...

...I've learned that, you should never tell a child that their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating - and what a tragedy it would be if they believed it. For it is easier to build strong children, than repair broken men.
Don't break this innocent, lovely, young heart.. 


...I've learned that, sometimes, when growing up, you can do foolish things. Some of which may throw you into laughter or haunt you forever. But that doesn't mean they should forever dictate the course of your life...
DO. NOT. SCREENSHOT. I will put virus in your phone o!



...I've learned that, sometimes the people that you love most in life... are taken from you far too soon.
...


...I've learned that, you can't make someone love you... All you can do, is be someone who can be loved, and the rest is up to them.
At that point, it has now become their business... ::P


...I've learned that, no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.
Yes..They are... "careless" - Dryest joke ever


...I've learned that; people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Like fireworks on the 4th of July


...I've learned that; it's not what you have in life, but who you have that counts.
Do you know who is who?


...I've learned that, in spite of all circumstances - choking air, drowning oceans and even the tallest of walls... you can keep going, long after you think you can't, and that God is always faithful - even when we aren't.
First Afe Babalola, Next Obama... or Dangote - Anyone that is bringing scholarship shaa


...I've learned that, grades don't define intelligence, age doesn't define maturity, looks don't define beauty, and independence doesn't define freedom. That the dreams of who you want to become, are not defined by the realities of where you come from. Your dreams are valid - no matter what.
So I became a model. ...No, really, I did.


...I've learned that, in this life, two people can look at the exact same thing and yet see two completely different things.
What did you seeeeeeee?


...I've learned that, even when you feel you have no more left to give, a friend will cry out, and you'll still find the strength to help.
Yes.. you will kick their enemies for them :P hehehe


...and through all this, I've learned that, while our backgrounds and circumstances may have influenced our lives: Ultimately, WE are responsible for who we become.
... On Becoming



I know that in the many long beautiful years to come, I will still LEARN so much more. And I know many of you will still be here with me flying high. And as always, I hope that  you GAIN from these posts, as much as you enjoy them.

These lessons are yours to learn. For you - It can be "One day..." or today can be "Day one"...



Sincerely,
The Internet and Me

---------------------
Did you like this article? You can read awesome others like...
1. 17 Things to do in 2017
2. Top 20 Cartoons (2000's)
3. 15 things every teenager needs to hear

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwnnn... This is so sweet... Happy birthday boo, more graceful year to come. Greater you I pray

Unknown said...

Jamie dear, I LOVE WHO YOU HAVE BECOME AND STILL BECOMING... the sky is not even your limit anymore cos I know you can soar higher above the skies. we are proud of you, we love you always and we have got your back forever... your future is shinning so bright;. happy beautiful birthday my first brother and father's first son. 23 sure looks good on you, cant wait to see how 50 and then 100 years looks like on you too cos I'm sure you will make it that far, God willing...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

One word...Wow

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you for everyone๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….

Thanks Kemi๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜
Ulunne, much love ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you for everyone๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….

Thanks Kemi๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜
Ulunne, much love ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Anonymous said...

Cool write up bro

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ujevbiruvbe Ese-oghene said...

This is actually really nice. More words fall on you J.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Thank you dear. I'm glad you liked it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜