Friday, May 12, 2017

The Case - Chapter Ten (THE FINALE)



Chapter Ten

Raphael vs Raymond

Ralph was trained to do stuff like this. He could see Raymond ahead of him. The wind rushed past his face, as he sprinted along the deserted area in hot pursuit. Raymond wasn't as fast, and knew he was done for.

He had lost his weapon when he jumped through the window, and had a nasty cut on his left thigh. All he had was a knife stuck in his right boot. Ralph was so close when Raymond tumbled over, feigning fatigue.

Ralph stopped, and watched for sudden moves. Raymond was breathing loudly while his hand made his way slowly to his right leg. Ralph picked him up, and Raymond tore at his arm with the knife. It cut Ralph - but not deeply. He looked at the wound and cracked his knuckles

"You're gonna pay for this", he said.

Raymond charged with the knife. Ralph simply side stepped the attack, and tripped him. Ralph held the armed hand and twisted it to his back until Raymond lost his grip. Then he gave Raymond two jabs to the nose, and in a second Raymond was on the floor flat.

Ralph touched his single part ear-piece.
"I got Raymond, next time I'm gonna choose first, this was too easy".

Raymond sat up and looked at him.
"I'm a cop! You can't do this to me", he screamed.
"You're not a cop Mehn, not anymore. You're just a bloody civilian" Ralph retorted coldy, before knocking him out with a kick. One down, three to go.


Susan vs Jasmine

Susan ran faster than she ever thought possible. 'Must be the adrenaline', she thought. Jasmine had chosen to run straight ahead, and was still on the grass. Susan was gaining on her. She suddenly stopped and turned around.

Susan stopped and pulled out her gun and pointed it at her.
"Get on the ground now or..."

"Or you'll do what? ...Kill your sister?", Jasmine grinned. Susan shot a few inches from where she stood.
"I'm not gonna say it again", Susan said back.

Jasmine was still smiling. She got on the ground and lay still. Susan walked up to her and picked her up from behind, and told her to go forward. Jasmine moved fast for a second, then turned and kicked the gun out of her hands.
"I'm going to beat you till you look like Jake", she said.

"I'm done talking", Susan said. She rushed her sister and speared her to the ground.

Jasmine managed to get her off, and stood up. She gave her a few jabs to the chest but Susan shook it off. She knew she could beat her; two years of martial arts training wasn't going to let her down. Jasmine gave a left hook, but Susan dodged it and gave her a jab to the face. Jasmine tried a sweeping kick, but Susan jumped over it. Unfortunately, Susan lost her footing because of the moist grass, and she received a bad right hook to the face.

Jasmine threw another, but Susan bent low and came up with a backflip, kicking her chin and causing Jasmine to tumble over. Susan ran to her sister and engaged her in a sleeper hold while tears were coming out her eyes. They struggled for a while until Jasmine passed out. Susan left her and gasped for air. She pressed her earphones.

"Jasmine is secure, requesting for back up".


Jake vs Connor

Jake was almost out of breath. All he had eaten for two days was a snickers bar. Luckily Connor wasn't such a runner. Connor hit a dead end, and turned around. He felt for his gun. it wasn't there, crap. Jake got there and slouched on his knees. He pulled out his gun.

"Just ... get ... down", Jake said breathlessly.
"Common let's settle this like men. Put up your fists".
"Common Mehn, gimme a break, I don't have time for this", Jake replied.
"You're a coward, you always were and that's why Chris is better than you"

Jake paused for a moment, confused.
"I'm sorry... is... is that supposed to make me angry?"
"You're fat and Susan may not like you. You're a fat walrus that nobody loves", Connor said as he came closer.

"Nah, Jesus loves me", Jake said and shot Connor's right leg.
"Sorry. I don't do street fights Mehn, not the way of the Kingdom", Jake said as he walked towards Him.

"You make me sick", Connor spat while holding his leg.
"The feeling is mutual", Jake said, and knocked him out with the gun. He touched his earphone. The DA was on the line.

"Deranged boyscout is secure, I need a positive on Chris' position. I need to stop him
from doing something he'll regret."

"Sending you his location, you gotta move fast son, you're closer to him. We're a little occupied here. Turns out there are more of these creatures than we thought. We'll get there as soon as we can."

"Okay, I'm out"


Chris vs Al Capone

Al Capone ran in very confusing motions, but Chris kept right on his tail. He ran past buildings, and threw down obstacles to stop Chris, but it wasn't enough. Chris was filled with rage as he sprinted like a runner in the Olympics. He watched as Al Capone entered a junk yard and slowed down.

He pulled his gun and walked slowly into the junk yard. As he entered, Al Capone shot at him, but missed. Chris tucked and rolled, and took cover. He returned fire. In a little time, Al Capone was out of bullets.

"Hey boy, why don't we settle this like men. Two alphas, C'mon!!", he screamed from a
distance.
"I don't negotiate with killers", Chris retorted. Al Capone came out with his hands above his head.

"C'mon... Don't you want revenge?", He smirked.
"You think this is gonna be a street fight?", Chris said, pointing his gun at him. Al Capone
gulped.

"You're damn right".
Chris dropped his gun and removed his heavy gear as well as the Kevlar suit, leaving only his tank top. Al Capone removed his jacket revealing the nasty tattoos of snakes running from his scarred face to his hands. They clenched fists. Al Capone smiled. He was going to enjoy this.

He motioned for Chris to come forward. Chris, driven with rage charged blindly into a left hook. He staggered and the Italian laughed.

"Try again", he said. Chris threw a frenzy of punches, but the Italian blocked his feeble attempts. Chris was getting frustrated and let out a scream. He ran forward and speared him to the ground. The Italian shielded his face from the incoming fists. He pushed Chris off and gave him a kick to the side of the head while he was trying to get up.

Chris was weak. Al Capone carried a wooden stick and broke it on his back. Chris was shell-shocked, and gasping for air. Al Capone laughed mockingly, and walked to where Chris dropped his gun.

"I thought you would be a better opponent", he said while picking the gun.

He pointed it at Chris.
"Say hello to your brother for me"
"Chris!", came a scream. It was Jake's voice.

"Jake get out of here", Chris said in pain.
Jake ran in front of his friend.

BANG BANG BANG!

Jake dropped to the floor. Chris got up and looked at his friend who laid still. The Italian tried to shoot, but the bullets had finished. Chris got up with a look on his face that scared the Italian. Chris' face shook with anger as he looked at him. The Italian rushed him and gave him a spear. Chris caught him, dropped a huge elbow on his back and spun him over.

"You're under arrest ... "
The Italian got up and launched a right hook but Chris dodged. He then gave two left jabs, but Chris pushed them aside. The Italian gave a left hook, Chris ducked and came up with an uppercut sending the Italian to the ground.

" ...for the murder of Peter Barnes ...", Chris continued.
The Italian got up to a heavy knee in the mid-section and crumbled over.
" ...for blowing up two cars and a house..."

Chris blocked a low blow and came crashing down on him with an elbow drop.
" ...for the murder of Renee Thompson... "

The Italian stood up grabbing his rib cage in pain. Chris gave two jabs to the face and a power hook to the nose. Then gave a sweeping kick.
" ...for the murder of Jake Roberts"

He grabbed him by the hair. Al Capone staggered up, and threw a weak punch. Chris side stepped it, grabbed his hand and gave a nasty upper cut.
"You have the right to remain silent..."

Chris walked to where Jake's gun was, picked it and walked to him. He pointed it at the
Italian and was ready to pull the trigger.
" ...you have the right to remain dead".

Suddenly Chris heard a clear voice. The voice of the old priest.
"Whatever it is you're thinking of... don't do it".

And as he remembered the man's words and struggled with using the gun. Al Capone had a black eye and was too weak to move. Chris debated, then dropped the gun and kicked the Italian, knocking him out. Sirens wailed in the background. The police had arrived.

Susan arrived with the other police officers and knelt beside Jake, who was lying face down. She turned him over.

"Jake, it's alright we did it. C'mon don't flat line on me! C'mon Jake!”, she said, shaking him. Tears were dripping down her eyes, and Chris watched -  too stunned to move.

"Common please baby don't leave me. Wake up you fat walrus, I love you", she said crying on his chest.

"It took me dying before you could say it" Jake coughed. Susan looked up and saw Jake
looking at her.
"I wore bullet proof, still hurt like hell though. I passed out"

She jumped on his face and kissed him. Chris rushed and hugged him.
"Christ died for you too Mehn, hope you guys love Him too. And Chris, He will be proud of you for not killing him", Jake coughed.

"I thought I lost you mehn". Chris then pushed Jake away and slapped him.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"Nothing... I just thought I would never do that again".

Susan then punched his vest.
"Oh crap, now the bullets are in for real this time"
The police men carried Al Capone away. Jake got up feebly, and Jones came over to him.
"I'm proud of you guys. You made the Washington PD proud."

"Hey Jones, did you get it?", Jake asked.
"Get what?" Susan asked.

Jones pulled out a ring box and handed it to Jake. Jake got on one knee while the police men formed a circle around them.

"Susan Parker, I know I have and the appetite of a warthog, and the body structure of a bear. I may not be the best person for you. But as long as Jesus lives, I love you. Will you marry me?".

Susan was excited and she looked at Chris. Chris nodded.
"Umm... could you hurry up cause my knees are cramping up"
"Yes Jake, I will!"

The police men fired shots into the air. The Marines saluted Jake. Susan kissed him and they both met Chris and hugged.
"Wait, how did you know we would survive this?" Susan asked
"It's something the Bible calls faith", he replied, with a smile.

Jake's wedding

"Chris how do I look?", Jake asked nervously.
"As always, like a dinosaur egg wearing a tux", Chris said.
"And as always, you're a moron, now let's go".

The wedding took place at the old priest's church. Jones walked Susan down the aisle because she was an orphan. She walked to the altar, and smiled at Jake. Chris was the best man, and he sat next to the bridesmaid. Jones and the police men were present. Even the Marines came too.

"Do you, Susan Parker, take this man to be... ", The old priest continued on.
Chris looked at the bridesmaid, and smiled in greeting. She was a black girl and she was really pretty. She was average in height and had brown eyes.

"Hey", she smiled back at him.

"I'm Chris"
"I know, I heard about everything. I'm sorry"
"Thank you"
"It's a shame that girl messed up her chance with you. Lots of girls like a man who knows how to protect"

"I'm not really the best man for anyone, I'm not righteous at all"
"Doesn't matter. We're not perfect, isn't that why Jesus is there?"
"...I see... what's your name?"
"Vanessa Hart, Susan's high school friend"
"So, you wanna hang out sometime?"
"Really? How about during the reception?"
"Not like we're going anywhere", He smiled.
"It's a date"
"And you may kiss the bride", the cheerful priest said. Everyone cheered.

"Okay, umm, guys no one touch the cake before me", Jake said.


6 years later

It was 12:00pm. Chris was off duty today. He was up all night doing some work. Being a
detective was a lot harder than just an officer. He stood up from his bed and walked to
the bathroom, and began brushing his teeth. Vanessa came and hugged him from behind.

"Finally you're up sleepy head", she said.

"Yeah. How are you?"
"Good, I'd kiss you but your mouth looks way too minty"
"Still looks better than yours though", Chris smirked.

"You take that back!"
"Not on your life"
Vanessa tickled his sides until he spat the toothpaste out, and begged for mercy.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry ... alright, I'll make dinner"
"Good."

"Daddy!", came a little shout.
Chris' son ran into the room, pounced on the bed and began to bounce on it.
"Hey, get down from there mehn"

Chris carried his son up. His wife just smiled at the two.
"Guess what Peter, daddy is cooking dinner tonight"
"Awesome! Can I help?"
"Sure you can buddy and later I'll take you to see your friend Cindy", Cindy was Jake's
daughter.

The phone rang, it was the DA
"Hello... Jake?"
"Hey man we got a hostage situation we need you right now"
"C'mon Mehn!! I'm off duty!". Chris heard Susan's voice from the phone.
"Chris get your butt down here now, before we go super couple on yo ass!"

"You guys so owe me", Chris said, and the line went dead.

"Hey honey I have to... “, he began, but Vanessa put a hand on his mouth.
"Go get 'em tiger... "

THE END



***********************
Hey guys... I hope you enjoyed the series. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for Inspiration. The Holy Spirit has been my senior partner in this and I thank Him. Lol, I wanna thank you all for the support throughout the series. My dad, my mum, Boma Onuoha, Aunty Chinyere oh.

Kaycee Ndisika, Chisomnazu Ezekiel, Karen chinny, Ofure, Chidalu, Mimi, Kelly, Precious, obadina, shalom, Akagu(my main man lol), blessing, Naomi, Tolu, Chioma, Damilola, Ella, Cheryl, Stephanie Diri, Mz Sharon lol, lbukun, Tracy, Torie, Chioma, Pelumi, Prisca, Geraldine Enyinna, lhuoma my cuz, Laura, Romoke, Chinemerem, Chimmuanya, Jamike, Esther, Kale, Bisola, Chiamaka, Kelechi, Anita, Ndamenum, Benny, Yvonne, Finnian squirt wisdom, Christabel oseji, kamsi,isi, Bridget, Praise, Ginika, Vera Robinson, Melissa, Adaeze, Tejiri, Joshua, Michael Edodi Nneka Uzoagu, Belema Abere and many others. Abeg if I no call your name no vex biko I haff tried.

I'd like to thank some people specially.
Chinonyelum ejimuda who shared this tirelessly. God bless you. Ofure for pointing out some areas. God bless you.

Ndisika Kaycee for your words of encouragement.
Vera Robinson your support was out of this world.

Chisomnazu Ezekiel... your words kept me going.
Chisom Akagu, my main man lol.
Chiamaka osondu opara lol ... member board of trustees. Biko my neck is paining me later. I love you, and God bless you all


THE AUTHOR - EDWARD ONUOHA


CLICK TO FIND THE OTHER TEN CHAPTERS

2 comments:

I_am_me said...

This is just amazing.
I've loved this series from the beginning, you should really write some more.

Unknown said...

Wow!! I know I am very late... But better late than never... This is amazing.. More strength, creativity and ideas... Keep it ul