Monday, December 2, 2019

Meet Me!!

[3min Read]


Let me tell you why I am very careful in approaching people.


For example; 5 days ago, I was in Ekiti State and went to a fast food to get something to eat, as it was very late, the hotel i was at had no food, and I was in a relatively unfamiliar area.

When I got there I spotted a man that had an uncanny resemblance to one of my friends, and while assuming it was him I walked over with a large grin, heading very obviously towards him. As I was walking over, I noticed he had a quizzical look on his face as I approached, and suddenly I realized it.

This guy was the wrong person.
I now had to awkwardly navigate away from there feeling a strong sense of embarrassment and shame.

Now, I'm not very good in recognizing people from pictures, because most people don't look exactly the same as they do in pictures. And I've had too many cases of mistaken identity when i confused a stranger for a person I know. And as much as I love meeting new people, I don't like awkward moments at all.

There's something that has happened quite a few times to me, that I really really dislike. Someone would recognize me somewhere and instead of walking up to me, or calling me to say hi, AT THAT VERY MOMENT if you were capable of doing so; you wait till you get home and then send me a message saying "Hey, I saw you today".

Trust me when I say that instead of starting a conversation, all you will do is piss me off GREATLY. I mean, what am I supposed to do with that information? You want me to start saying "Chaiya, we could have met"? So we can start talking about regretful things we could and should have done? When who knows if that was the only time in life we'll ever have come across each other?

If you're feeling shy or nervous, you can DM or call me before you approach to help smoothen the opening of the conversation, or "gauge my attitude" as some people give excuses for, rather than wait until it's too late and the possible only opportunity we had in life to meet has passed.

Something very similar happened today, and got me exceptionally annoyed. Here's the thing, If you know you are able to meet me in person, but choose not to, please keep it to yourself. Either take the opportunity, or burn the thoughts of it away.


Thanks For Reading.
Love, Stars and Talk To Me.



-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Hating Catfish
2. Correct Me Not
3. The Transformation Of A Story

No comments: