Saturday, December 8, 2018

What She taught me

[3 min read]



This year, I was taught a very important lesson by my sister. I'm going to share it and keep it short.

See, I had just started my internship (as a Medical Laboratory Science graduate) after being home for almost a year and in the first few weeks, I was diligent.

Very diligent.



Then came the slide. I woke up late, made breakfast and took my time in dressing up. I, virtually everytime, got late to work. My sister called one day but I missed the call because I was enroute work at around 9am or so. I called back when I got to work

"So sorry I couldn't pick your call, I was on my way to work" I said

"Ahahn, by this time, what happened?" She replied

"Nothing oh, I've just been discouraged from resuming early to work. There usually aren't samples to work on in the early hours of the day amongst other things"

Then she said something remarkable, "Is that your bus stop?"

"Lol, no na" I replied.

"Then why are you behaving as if it is?" Well, I was mute. Truth is, I've heard it several times before "Don't act like others, you may walk the same path today but you have different destinaions" blah blah blah. But it was as if I heard it for the first time when my sister said it and how hard it hit me.

My attitude to work now is different because I'm definitely not ending my career where I currently am.

So, I forward this to you as well "Don't act the same way the people you are with are acting.
Don't get comfortable.
Don't forget where you're going.
Don't spite where you are too.
It's a process.
You are where you are for a purpose.
Learn what you can.
Don't lose focus.
And never ever get complacent.

Do enjoy the rest of 2018.

Love. Light. Focus
 💞       💮       👁

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

No comments: