Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Leonardo's Hands

[1 min read]

Wedding bells you see
Rang so loud this morning.

Open up those doors,
Let her walk in slow.
Everyone watches as her face glows,
There she is. My wife by tomorrow.

I loved her,
She loved me,
What was left.

But then, just as she walked in to Celine’s ‘My heart will go on’,
I see the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with,
Wearing blue wearing only blue.

Blue like the pendant in Leonardo’s hands.
I shouldn’t stand here,
Melissa shouldn’t be walking towards me,
When I know right now that the girl I want to marry is carrying her veil.


- Three children and eleven years later -
I still know, as steady as Leonardo’s hands,

That the girl I was in love with since that day wore blue.
She wore... only blue.


------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

1. Ice Block Sold Here
2. When Man meets Woman
3. Buy Me A Rose

No comments: