Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Life Stories 3

[3 mins read]


Hi TRJ...

This happened many years ago, probably 12 years ago. I was eight and I remember being in primary two then. I had a friend, who I'll be keeping it anonymous because this isn't about her; it's about the lesson I learned and I pray y'all reading this learn from it.

Okay, so we were pretty good friends until one day we got into a quarrel. She had asked me for a book; "My book of Bible stories." But it was torn, so I refused to give it to her. She got annoyed and said she'd deal with me.


When test time came around, we were all preparing for it, so I didn't think too much about what she said. As we were writing the test, she suddenly began to cry, saying something about not being able to find her test paper.

She complained to our teacher and we were asked to search ourselves, which we all did. I opened my bag to search for "my friend's" test paper and to my uttermost surprise, I found it hidden in one of my textbooks.Honestly I was shocked, because I never put it in there. The only thing I could think of was, "How the hell did this get in here? "
Still contemplating and unable to accept what I saw, I quickly put it back in fear of being punished for a crime I didn't commit.

Funny enough, this friend of mine personally picked up my bag to search  and I watched her intently, shivering and at the same time praying for the ground to open up and swallow me. She went directly to the textbook and brought it out.

You should've seen the look on everybody's faces, and I was beyond embarrassed. I silently begged her to keep quiet, that I was going to explain( of course I had nothing to say), but she happily danced over to our Teacher's table and reported me. I was almost beaten to death that day, with scars and bruises all over my body. I was called a wicked liar by probably all the teachers in the school block.



Deep within me, I knew who did that to me, it was none other than "my friend". Of course, she succeeded in dealing with me but I tell you, she crossed her limits because from that day onwards, I hated her.

I blamed myself though for not being truthful and honest. Maybe, if I had brought out the paper right when I saw it and explained to our teacher, who knows? She might have believed me and perhaps, the story would've ended in our classroom, without having to spread through all the primary two classes like chickenpox.

I also learned two lessons that day; Friendship is a scam and honesty matters.

Please keep me anonymous.


---------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Shoot Your Shot - The Ebi Ashidi Version
2. Sunday Style: Episode 2
3. Life Stories 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enter your comment...Wow, I actually imagined myself in that situation...sharp sharp I would have just innocently given her the paper with all smiles..its no not me she would do adventures of ----with.
though, its a hurtful experience. .just forgive her..you will see it doesn't hurt after that

Unknown said...

Painful stuff...hope.you recovered from the scars

Uche Vera said...

Chai..😔.....don't blame yourself , I can totally relate
You learned from your mistake and that's all that matters