Monday, March 12, 2018

OH! DEAR PAIN.



"You can't be serious Phoebe, can you hear yourself?"; He said; 'Babe I love you, I can't do this without you, I can't function, you drive me."

"Stop getting me worked up please, I hate it when you use the personal pronoun."

He continued; "Shit! Alright, I'm sorry, isn't apology what you need? Here it is. Honey you know we belong together."
Just don't make the mistake of saying 'I' next time, it's always 'we', I hate correcting that. Please always say 'we'."

"But that's the problem', she said; Chris you yell and rain insults over unnecessary 'choses'. This isn't meant to be an issue, I don't even know when I said 'I'. I think I need a break from all this, it's so overwhelming."

"What the frack are you talking about?", With clenched teeth, he wished she was with him at the moment, he would really hit some sense in.

'You're my answered prayer. Phoebe, on the 1st of January, I prayed for a soul mate and God gave you to me, can't you see that we're meant for each other? Baby you complete me. No one can love you like I do.  Alright just forget this happened, let's move past this Duchess."

"Hello, hello, are you there? I hate it when you're this quiet, it's either we're in this or we aren't and so help me "Mon Dieu", baby mind your response.' "

With shaky hands, she hung up and switched off her phone. She slumped on her feet, and buried her face in her palms, tears building castles and mucus dripping. "How on earth did I get to this point in my life?", she thought.

I'm only 21 years, I can't handle all this  at my age. I'm too "jeune" for all these baggage. Utterly confused, she remembered "le jour" she met Chris; A working student looking to earn extra pennies for her bogus school work et al. All thanks to her father who thinks her studying "la musique" is a classic curse from the gods and would have nothing to do with supporting her financially. Her "pauvre mere" can only try, her crayfish business didn't thrive as much as before. She had evening shifts after school in one of the fast foods within. It was during one of those working hours that she met Chris. He was everything she didn't want in a man; Muscular and firm, looked like a heavyweight boxer, fair and has an amazing "visage". A sweet talker and quite the orator. He smiled as he walked up to the counter. And boy, was he fine! His well set dentition didn't help "les affaires" either.

"Can I have Farm fresh yoghurt please and a sausage roll?" The words rolled out of his lips so well, in a nano second, she wasn't in control of her body movements, they were all working against each other. She managed to get his orders without burning her fingers. She can't be falling for this guy.
Phoebe are you stupid? But he was like a breath of fresh air, like he walked out of TRJ Sunday style magazine.





 "You're really pretty, Can I have your number, seems you're busy. We could talk some more when you're less 'occupée' ". This dude isn't cut out for long stories, and he's damn precise "aussi".
Well, she's sorry but he has met "le faux" person this evening. With courage from nowhere, she put up the most serious look and said "No Sir, I don't think it's necessary to have my number and if you don't mind, I've got others to attend to". She wasn't gonna bulge, he should take his handsome face elsewhere. Next s'il vous plaît.

He was shocked to the marrows. Women don't say 'no' to him, especially not her kind, she looked so fragile that he thought she would be malleable.
Even he could have sworn she fell for his charms few minutes ago, or did he misread something? No no no, "les femmes" don't reject his advances, it doesn't work that way. Well, time would tell. He was in town for the next few days so there is "beaucoup de" time.

After he left, Phoebe couldn't stop thinking about this guy, the air around him wasn't cool but she felt so drawn to breathe it still. She didn't like the effect he had on her but he seemed so virile and dapper. But then she had too much drama going on in her life, was she ready for more? Was she?

#Anticipate



------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

11 comments:

Idowu Mary said...

The part I liked - like he worked out of a TRJ Sunday Style Magazine.

Shine said...

Lol. Like hell 'he was everything she didn't like in a man' more pls😘

Unknown said...

I love the French and English combo.I am anticipating biko.

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

Loool. Me too

Unknown said...

Well this is really beautiful writing! Keep it up dear

Unknown said...

More pls

Unknown said...

More pls

Unknown said...

More pls

Unknown said...

Impressed with d writer but what happens to those that don't understand as little as "oui" in french, don't you think it might be a bit confusing because the story is catchy and am sure nobody wants to miss out even the smallest word.

Maryann Omerebere said...

Ok ma'm. Noted and thanks much

Nenyem said...

Wow ! This is nice and am anticipating ...