Friday, March 23, 2018

Love Unrequited



I wanted love;
Not the average chocolate and flowers kind of love –
I wanted something deep and intense,
I wanted long conversations about spiritual matters,
I wanted a lifetime of future planning,
I wanted desperately for you to depend on me.
For you to come to me.
No, run to me with everything that caused a stirring in your soul.


I wanted depth;
To plunge into the darkest recesses of your mind,
I wanted to time travel
All the way back to when you'd not know me.
I wanted to live your past experiences with you,
I wanted myself so intertwined with the fabric that the tale of your life wove.

I wanted to breathe the air you breathed,
I wanted to love who you loved,
I wanted to feel all you felt,
I wanted to yield to you,
Wholly and without a doubt within the viscinty of my heart,
I wanted you.

"But to settle for life's lemons is to grow", they seem to say.
So I'm a friend from afar,
I smile when you do,
Meet only on occasions,
Chat briefly about the weather or whatever.

Sometimes, it's easy to dream,
And sometimes, reality doesn't just dawn.
It erupts smackdab in the middle of your fantasy,
Felling all your cloud castles,
Destroying empires you've spent mind-hours trying to build.

I know I found the love of my life when I met you.
Only, you hadn't found the love of your life when you met me.



- ZeeKingE


-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Oh! Dear Pain
2. The Dance Floor Of The Mind
3. The Mirror, The People And The Mind

No comments: