Thursday, November 30, 2017

Time


MARY IDOWU

Time; Tempus in Latin. Time isn't a strange concept to us as humans. We go through our lives based on time. We make plans and decisions based on time. But, what does time really mean, what happens when you are not on time, what happens when time gets to you?

According to Wikipedia; Time is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future. That is to say, time spans continuously, it's the only factor that has witnessed the birth,  growth and death of events, generations, technology and so on.








Now, understanding your time and your time zones helps to deal with not being 'on time' and helps you to cope with when time gets to you. I know that you are probably wondering how can time get to you, don't worry,  I will share an experience.

Some years back, I had a mighty setback in one very important area of my life. The full reality of this setback hit me when I watched others with whom I shared the same 'time zone' with move on graciously. My fellow time travelers had left me behind in a different time zone and it almost crashed me. During that period, people would console me by saying;  Don't worry, God's time is the best; it's not a matter of how far, but a matter of how well; it's not your time yet, your time will come and so on. I felt that it was so easy for people to tell me that; I mean, they are not sharing in my time loss.

Through the years however, I have heard and learnt things which really helped me cope with my time loss. I have learnt to enjoy and make the best out of the time zone I found myself in. A friend once told me; Mary everyone fails, in one way or another and so everyone is left or dropped in a different time zone in at least one area of their life. This statement was corroborated by a post someone dropped on my class' group chat:

"New York is 3 hours ahead of California but it does not mean that California is slow, or that New York is fast. Both are  working based on their own "Time Zone."

Some one is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 years before having a child. There is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately!

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years. 

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',

People can have things worked out only according to their pace.
Work in your time zone.

Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
Maybe some might "seem" behind you.

Everyone is in this world running their own race on their own lane in their own time. God has a different plan for everybody.Time is the difference. Obama retires at 55, Trump resumes at 70.
Mahama retires at 59 , Nana Addo resumes at 72

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.' 
You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good. 
You are not late. You are not early. You’re very much on time!
Stay blessed.

You Are In Your Time Zone...🌐
Don't give up!"

And so, I understood that it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy (Romans 9:16)




---------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

                                                                                                         

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Nice write up ma'am. Keep up the good work
But what do you have to say to people that are just whiling away their time.
They're not time conscious and really dont care what time does to them.

Uche Vera said...

Sooo True 👍
God's time is best ❕

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

Mary Mary 👏👏👏😃