Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Such Longings



I want to feel something,

I'm tired of having nothing.

I want to be doted upon,

As the thread of life is spun,

I want to have the heartache,

I want to eat and have my cake.

I want the worrying,

Worrying that comes from loving.


I want oh I want Boy,

Even though he be so coy,

I want to smile at his devices,

And giggle to his sweet nothings.

I want to keep awake,

I want to cook and clean and bake.

I want to ease and please,

Someone other than myself at least.

I want to laugh and cry,

All at the very same time,

I want to love and hate,

One very special ingrate,

I want to hope for more.

I want to fill my cup let it pour,

I want to have someone to miss,

I want to have eyes and cheeks to kiss.

Is this too much to ask?

Is this so great a task?

I want to cry a brook,

Dry cheeks spoil the look.

I want to wear his clothes,

Remove them and not fold.

I want to watch the stars,

And dream of places afar,

I want to hold his hand,

Convince myself he's more than a man,

I want to fly like a dove,

Oh I long for boy to love.

"Keep love in your heart a life; without it is like a sunless garden where all the flowers are dead"

Dear Oscar Wilde πŸ’–πŸ’–


-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem

Halima said...

I love i love i love itπŸ’―πŸ’―

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

oh such, such longings.