Monday, April 9, 2018

OH! Dear Pain - Episode 2



Back at the hotel, Chris was restless, he still couldn't wrap his fingers around what has happened. She actually said "no", that sweet little fine face said No! Of course he's still Chris, the irresistible one. He stood in front of the mirror, staring in admiration with a grin. Damn! God the creator really does love him.

"I just need to find her dripping button" He said to himself. He had a breakfast meeting the next day, after which he would visit the Mona Lisa.

Stretching lazily he reached for his phone, it was 2:47 am. Dear Time, pls move quickly. He laid back and rummaged on the beauty he saw yesterday. At last it was morning, a quick shower and a need to look peng today. He searched for his most favorite shirt of all time, which has never disappointed him and his wing pants. He loved the sight of his reflection in the mirror.

His phone rang, it was his colleague Philip, they both came to Enugu together for this software job.

"Hey Phil, what's up?"
"Where are you Chris? These guys from Kells Services are here, bro you're 10 mins late!"


Shit! How did the time go by so fast?
"I'm on my way man, please hold them still, I'll be there in a jiffy."

He hurriedly brushed his hair and applied some spot wave oil, his beards and eyebrows looked nice too. Driving through the streets of Enugu, he was trying to locate the office and Bam! Guess who was standing at the bus stop, La Diva de hier! Oh happy day!

He came to a stop right in front of her, his tinted glasses wouldn't let the poor, sweet thing see who it was. He wound down and flashed his nice dentition, the AC was on but it was 90°degrees in there.

"Hey, remember me from yesterday, where are you going to?"
"Oh, hi" She said and looked away.

"C'mon, seems you've been standing here for long. I could drop you off, stop being obstinate." He kept on smiling.

She looked as if her conscience and spirit man were in a debate before she finally spoke
"I'm going to the National Library."

"Oh! That's cool, I'm headed that way too."
She got in and adjusted her skirt, which seemed rather short, she was a very shy person which made it even more endearing. Her sultry lips distracted him a lot, and her large eyeballs seemed like they could pierce through his soul. She was beautiful!

"So, before now I would have termed this coincidence but you think it's fate, right?" he asked.
"I wouldn't know, Sir." she replied.

"You had me at "I wouldn't know". What's with the "sir" anyways? I've got a name and it's Chris. So aren't you supposed to be at work, I mean at the fast food"

"It's a part time job, I only go there in the evening. I've got an assignment to do at the library"
"Oh, you're a student? What's your discipline?" He wanted to know more.

"Music" she replied with pride. In the past, she would have said "Law" or "Accounting" but she's come to glory in this course of hers. There was absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, she loved it.

Chris was intrigued the more, she was like a project he needed to finish and soon.

He pulled up in front of the library, she thanked him and was about getting down, he pleaded again for her number. After much persuasion, she obliged, and got off. He was so happy, she didn't look excited giving it out, but he was sure she would be later.

Oh, the meeting! Damn!
He sped off and in 3 mins, he got there. Hurriedly, he raced upstairs and found the hall.

Was that anger or frustration on Philip's face? He couldn't care less right now, that phone number was everything to him. He apologised for being late, blamed it on traffic and late services at the hotel. Before long, they were done with the prospects and luckily the investors from Kells were happy to do business with them. Pheeew! How much happiness can one handle in a day? His sugar level was rising and it was a welcome feeling. He could barely contain his excitement, as he kept on grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey man, I'm thrilled these guys are registering with us, but I don't think we're on the same level right now. You've got this smirk on your face since you walked into the conference room. What's up? Philip piped.

"My guy, I met someone yesterday and I really think she's the one" Chris blurted.
"I should have known it's skirt business, you said this last year with Elohor, same goes for the others. I'm not surprised though."

"No, this is different, you'll see."
"Well, been there with you, I'm pretty sure I know how this ends. Its 4pm and I'm starving, let's go grab something to eat."

"And I know a perfect place my guy" Chris grinned.
Ed Sheeran's 'Perfect' blasting in the car, he drove through the streets of Enugu and finally they got to the fast food "Renas "

"Chris, When did you discover this place?"
"Oh, this is where The One works." he said excitedly
"Mehn, whenever you set your mind on something, it boils like fire. Abeg make I see "The one" first."

As they walked into the place, Chris searched with his eyes and Oh, there she was. What her presence does to him was so right. He just really needed to put things in place before he goes back to Abuja, the next morning.

#Anticipate

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. OH! DEAR PAIN - Episode 1
2. DEFEATED NOT - Episode 1
3. The Case - Chapter One

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear!I would have to ancipate again after the long wait.Do I have a choice?I love your storyline writer!

Unknown said...

This writer keeps mesmerising me with her English -French combo.Her imagination is splendid.I will patiently anticipate for its conclusion.Keep it coming.

The Ritz said...

Anticipating.