Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Fault In Our Stars (By John Green) - Book Review




REVIEW
"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

The fault in our stars is a fictional story that revolves around two people, Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters. Hazel happens to be a cancer patient and Augustus, a cancer survivor (Although his survival cost him a leg). It's a heart touching story about love , diseases, cancer, survival, life and death.

I hate this book. I absolutely hate it. I hate the fact that it made me laugh so hard, I hate the fact that it made me smile so much. I hate the fact that I had to fall in love with the characters and after everything my heart was shattered. (like literally shattered)

But Green was superbly terrific. The plot was surreal, very different from anything insipid that I've been reading so far. A jerking story that deals with dying and surviving the death of loved ones. At a point, I felt my breath failing me or some literal pain in my head (All thanks to Hazel's oxygen tank). I won't forget about the brilliantly written language and  the several breathtaking philosophical quotes.

Well like every other fictional story, it sure has it's flaws. Don't expect a perfect story. Yes, be prepared for the worst. I would recommend that everyone reads this book. It is beautiful, enthralling, funny and just fantastic. And of course I must add, quite heart breaking.

RATING;   4.5/5



Read even more amazing reviews on your favourite #1 blog HERE

No comments: