Tuesday, June 5, 2018

He's not Hafeez

[1 min read]




My sister, had a boyfriend - called Hafeez,
He'd come to the house once or seven times a week,



They loved each other. That, I know.
I wished to have that someday I thought so,

They'd be in her room laughing for hours,
That should be no sin I guess, At least not ours.

And then he'd go home and she'd still be smiling

One day it rained,
And my sister cried.
When I asked, she said,
"it's over, Hafeez left"

She never smiled again,
Not even at a joke.
She stopped giggling,
And took nothing but coke.

One day we went out,
And she met another boy,
A handsome one - I must say,

She smiled for once, in a very long time.
He took her number, and said he'd call,
He did call - about seven times or more,

But she didn't pick up instead she smiled a sad smile,

Showing no teeth, then she said
"He's not Hafeez"

-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...

8 comments:

Ujevbiruvbe Ese-oghene said...

OMG. I have to admit that this piece took me by suprise. So much meaning in something so brief.💞💞💞💞💞👏👏👏👏

Unknown said...

This is deep 🙏

Unknown said...

I love this piece. Has a deep meaning

Unknown said...

❤❤❤❤🤙

Orezimena Omokiti said...

Damn...this is a really good write up😌

Tosinmile Ola-Amuda said...

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Deborah Gideon said...

The kind of article that lingers in your mind for a really long time...👍👍

Her Royal Darkness said...

I love this