Saturday, June 23, 2018

How Are You?

[1 min read]


I have a problem. 
It comes as a crippling fear out of thin air
It suffocates me and destabilizes me
It forces me to stand face-to-face with the reality I dread most


It stares me in the eye, all bold-faced and unapologetic
It is the reality that one day, you too will get tired
You too will move on, go and find your own happiness

It is the fact that at the end of the day, I'm still alone
Because house-guests don't pay rent
At the end of the day, I can't actually keep you all tied down forever

And maybe that's why it's better to pull away
Maybe that's why I give you your space
Maybe that's why I act so clingy
Because low-key, low-key, I know you'll soon go

But that's all too dark and deep and uncomfortable 
So when you ask "What's wrong?"
I give the universally accepted social response,


"I'M FINE."




-------------------------
Did you like this article? You'll definitely like others like...
1. Unpopular Opinion: IDGAF
2. BANK STATEMENTS - POST 4
3. PUTIN PUTS OUT, KIM GOES TO CHINA AND YOUR OTHER POLITICAL TALES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

The Ritz said...

Deep piece